Friday, June 4, 2010

Whittle Update

Just in case you all need a visual as to where I'll be spending most of my time starting in 2 weeks, here it is:


There's definently nothing fancy about it, but it's large, and in the price range we needed. There really was nothing on the WA side of the river that fit our family (a 2 bedroom just won't cut it), or that was large enough but still in the budget. This was the only one! A couple in our new ward raised their family in the house and has it for sale now. They want to sell it and go on a mission. I guess it's been on the market for a while but hasn't had any offers. They called us and said they would rent to us for at least a year. We definently plan on renting for a while. The house is in Lyle, which is about 12 miles east of White Salmon.
Kitchen pros: DISHWASHER!!! cons: very little cupboard space, what's up with those little ones that hardly anyone can reach? There are a few more on the other side of the kitchen that aren't in this picture. I realized I've been spoiled with my current large kitchen, I'm going to have to figure out where to put stuff and food...there's no pantry :(




These trees are in the front yard, it's nice since it creates some privacy. It seems like a quiet (at least til we get there) neighborhood. Alex is always stripping and ends up naked on his 4-wheeler outside. I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate that.



This is the view of the Columbia River from the backyard, isn't it awesome? From the house you can hear the trains along the river and the barges. The kids love it.
I think it's good that the kids now have a visual in their mind where we are moving to. We took them by their schools and went to church too, so I think they are excited. Our ward seems nice, a good combo of older/younger families. Not too big or small. Alex went to nursery for the first time (well, except for when I'm in Benicia) and loved it. When another kid who apparently has issues clawed him in the face for no reason he was very sad and didnt' want to stay, but all the new toys conviced him to give it another try. After church a family invited us and a few other families over for dinner. It was great to get to know some people, and the boys had a great time. There's a good group of boys close to their ages, so they made instant friends. Audrey has a few girls close to her age too. Well, I better go pack up some more. It is so overwhelming! I'm trying to go through all the kids rooms and get rid/throw away stuff while they're still in school. I know that it would be much more difficult with them home. We are officially moving on the 17th. The house has plenty of room for visitors! It has 6 bedrooms total and a rec room and family room downstairs. I don't think we have enough furniture to fill up the house, but that's okay. Anyway, I left my camera at mom's from the wedding and I got it a few days ago, so when I get them uploaded, I'll put some up. There's some cute ones. Hope everyone is good!




9 comments:

carrie said...

Brooke, this house looks amazing- I'm imagining you relaxing looking over the river...ahhh. And I love those french doors!! And I'd LOVE to come visit!!!

Kate said...

What a beautiful view! Looks like lots of space for the kids! Brooke I do not know how you have survived this long with no dishwasher. Clark and I don't have one and it's bad enough with the 2 of us. Bless you for having no dishwasher with 4 kids. I'm so happy you'll have a dishwasher! You'll have to consult Mom about creating more kitchen space- she had some great ideas for us.

Emily said...

Awesome!! It looks so cute! wow, 6 bedrooms?? We need to come visit and fill up some rooms! I am so happy you are going to have a dishwasher again... I don't know how you survived!

How exciting, all the kids have friends and alex will get to go to nursery, and it sound like you guys even have some friends already! I'm glad you guys found a place that you like and that will fit the fam.

Mostly though, i'm excited you have a dishwasher again! :)

Danae said...

Brooke, you deserve some kind of award for having no dishwasher with 4 kids! I'm glad you'll get one at this next place. We will have to come visit and check out that view from your backyard. :o) Good luck with the move!

Jenny said...

Oh wow it looks so nice!!!! I love the view -it's amazing. How awesome to have so much space but I could see how you'd get used to a pantry pretty quick. Those little cabinets are totally funky but cute! And a dishwasher- thank goodness for that! It looks like you guys will be very happy there. SO glad there are kids the same age. That's so important. I'm totally planning on coming for a visit!!!! Are you going to get a ping pong table for that rec room? haha :)

Tani Ireland said...

I'd love to come visit, but you have cats!!! :)

brooke said...

Outdoor cats only Tani. Are lease does not allow for indoor!

DAD & MOM said...

You guys always get the great views! Giving up Mt. Shasta for the Columbia river isn't too bad. The back yard looks big with a big lawn for Devon to mow. I like the sunny, bright kitchen and the french doors. I know, you can use one of those bedrooms for a pantry! . . . Hah, that's why I make the big bucks.

carrie said...

So...6 bedrooms? My family can fit in 2, can we come live with you guys?