Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cameron + Grass = No more Pants

Cameron has always been hard on clothes (well, pretty much anything that is with or on him for any amount of time). This year he has taken it to a new level. I've thrown away 2 pairs of pants since school has started, as you can see by the pictures there's at least one pair that are beyond repairing. So what you see is every single pair of pants he owns...except church ones. Which mysteriously come home with grass stains sometimes. EVERY day his knees are green and I can just see the life being worn out of the threads bit by bit. I'm at a loss, since I can't buy him new pants every week, and I figure why bother since those will just be gone in a couple months. This morning he put on a dirty, grass stained pair and I told him to go put some clean ones one. He couldn't understand why, since they'd just get grass stained too. I had to think about that for a minute too, why bother? I did make him change. I think I feel like a better mom if I at least see his clothes leave the house clean. So this is my dilema with Cameron. He says he just loves to play football at every recess. I could also do a similar post about backpacks. He goes through at least 2 a school year....Devon has had the same one since Kindergarten and it's still in great shape. I think his is better quality than the cheap ones I buy Cam, but it hurts to think of spending money on things that don't last-which is everything around Cameron. I took these pictures last week of each day he came home from school.













6 comments:

Emily said...

geez brooke!! He really does go through those pants... that is so cute that he likes to play football everyday at recess... i guess I wouldn't want to know what would happen if you sent him in shorts!!

Danae said...

I guess that's worse than a child who goes through a couple changes of clothes everyday "just because." I think Cameron might even be harder on his clothes than Ryan, and that's saying something!

DAD & MOM said...

You DO have a challenge. Do you ever use the goofy iron-on knee patches, or do they just rip off also? They should be cheaper than new pants.

carrie said...

Maybe we should have a don't-let-Cam-go-pantless drive??? I still remember how mom would refuse to let us buy white shoes (or was that just me?) because they were filthy so fast. But that doesn't seem such a big deal compared to Cam's pants!

Kate said...

oh cam....

Tani Ireland said...

Looks like Carson's pants!