Also, we got guns! We've been shooting several times, and I must say, I really love my gun (as much as a girl can love a gun, anyway). It just feels molded perfectly to my hand, I love it! I took my concealed weapons permit class last Saturday, and, though a long 10 hours, thought it was definately worth the time. It was basically about safety, being a responsible firearms owner, and the legalities of carrying a concealed weapon. Before I get my permit, I have to "qualify", which basically means passing a shooting test, where I have to show I could hit what I'm aiming at! I plan on taking the test in Jan. or Feb.
So this my gun (Walther p22):
And this is Rod's (Smith and Wesson m&p 40):
Besides my becoming molded to the couch and becoming rednecks, we are enjoying the Christmas season around here, too. We've developed a tradition of getting our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. So we are enjoying the scent of pine, melodies of Christmas music (which always remind me of you, Mom!!), and delicious English Toffee! I love Christmas!! I love our tree, with all it's kid-made ornaments and ornaments from Grandma Gubler. I love the peacefulness, and the excitement of the kids. I love getting out our nativity sets, baking, and having the kids make paper chains so they'll stop asking me how many more days till Christmas. I love having clam chowder on Christmas Eve (I know me and mom are alone on this one), and I remember how dad would make the fire in the fireplace before we all go downstairs (from youngest to oldest, of course). One Christmas present that makes me smile is the year that Brooke gave me a bunch of clothes-all from her closet- for Christmas. And I was so excited. I still remember feeling sooooo lucky that my big sister would give me her hand-me-downs so willingly!
What do you guys remember about Christmas growing up???



6 comments:
I remember carrie bringing her bird cage down one year with her birds in it.... did anyone else think that was strange?? haha...jk- you obviously were really attached to those birds. We won't mention what happened to them... :)
Anyways!! I too LOVE Christmas! I can't wait to go home and enjoy all the festivities, and dad starting a fire Christmas morning and lining up... and watching Travis open gifts.. that's one of my favorite parts, he opens them, looks at them for a split second then makes a NEAT and ORGANIZED pile of all his gifts, it's so cute.
And I love mom's breakfast casserole Christmas morning.. but I heard Rod is not such a big fan?? What are we going to do to compromise??
Can't wait too see the family! We will greatly miss the Whittles!
That video is funny! It amazes me how you can sleep through all that. I wake up at night when I hear a child coming up the stairs, what's the deal with that? It's not even loud. I think I got Dad's sleep genes. Okay, so what's the deal with the guns? I'm just watching this cute video, scroll down and it's like GUNS! It was so opposite of the sweet video. Took me by surprise. So uh, are you like going to carry it in your purse? Is this what living in Vegas has done to you? You should keep in in your car and when you go pick up Caitlin from school you could just flash it around a little to get that awesome parking spot. You could really use this to your advantage! Okay, maybe don't overuse it....
So Christmas traditions! I love them! I remember our Christmas Eve gift opening of the PJ's mom would make us. Dad spending the morning collecting wrapping paper. I think he likes that better than opening gifts. Mom's yummy breakfast-which my whole family LOVES! how amazing is that? Now that we have our tree up, Alex thinks he gets to open presents and keeps asking why Santa hasn't brought him his train yet. Santa better get on that!
congrats on the pregnancy! so excited for you
I totally remember dad walking amongst all the gifts picking up the "real" treasure- wrapping paper!! ahahahah!!!! Thanks for reminding me of that, Brooke!!!
Abby was really wacking you and you were so asleep! I think you have my sleeping genes. She is so big, we are excited to see everyone! Wish the Whittles were coming for Christmas. Maybe next year?
Sweet guns, I guess. Has Rod taken the class already?
Little Abster is so cute! And your guns....interesting. :) i love that you just post a picture of your fire arm.
hmmm...christmas memories. I remember getting together christmas eve with the siblings to come up with a production. I remember Mom's green book that had christmas stories in it. we always put on such a good show!
Post a Comment