....my shooting test!!! Yeah!! Now all I have to do is pay some fees, take some paperwork to the police station and get fingerprinted- and viola!! I'm a recognized concealed carry permit holder in Nevada, Utah, and 31 other states (none of which are California, by the way).
My friend Sarah and I went down to take our test this morning and it was a lot of arranging to make it happen so we were both relieved to pass! I had to get a note from my midwife (because I'm pregnant) so they'd let me shoot, drop Caitlin off early at a friends to get her to school, and then we got 2 babysitters to watch 8 little girls at Sarah's. And that's what it takes to get two moms out of the house on a Friday morning to take a gun test.
I scored a 302 out of 360 possible, which I was pleased with since my gun kept jamming and several rounds I couldn't get off in the minute alloted because I was trying to unjam my gun! I found right after I got my gun it needs a certain type of ammo, but when you take the test, you have to use the lead-free ammo they give you. So I was expecting it to jam a little, but it was a lot more trouble than I thought it was going to be. So yay!!! I'm excited to have taken care of this test and don't have to worry about it anymore!
Rod and I are celebrating with a date night and chocolate!!!!



6 comments:
Congrats Carrie!! haha- I'm so excited you now get to pack heat!
That is a really funny scenario- two moms getting babysitters to go take their gun tests... and your pregnant which adds to the scenario.
Anyways, congrats! I'll always feel safe with you :)
Carrie, congrats! Cross that off your bucket list. So do you get live targets for you test? :) I'm glad you passed since it sounds like a nightmare trying to figure out arrangements with kiddos. have fun tonight!!
You seriously rock. I mean, that killer score with the crazy ammo that wouldn't even eject?!? You're deadly! Thanks for getting it all together and making it happen.
I tell my friends you women in Vegas are a different bread! But you are also strong, empowered, confident, and I'd love to have you around in any crisis!
Great job, not just anyone can pack a piece!
Make that a different breed NOT bread! Ha
congrats Carrie!
Post a Comment