Saturday, July 2, 2011

She had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

Summer birthday season is upon us, with Audrey's 7th kicking it off. Troy had to be at a conference in Spokane, so he wasn't able to be there, but he wanted to get her something special and Skype with her so he could watch her open it. In the morning he watched her open her Tangled tower. She was so happy. She has spent months thinking about it, trying to create make-shift towers out of paper, which she would spend hours on. So she was pretty happy with a real store-bought one :)








I was feeling a lot of pressure, because well, Audrey is hard to please sometimes, and she has been planning this party for a long time. I am learning that she does have a genuine knack for decorating and loves to be festive, so I pretty much let her take over, which she is good at. She decorated 3 days before the party, which was a bit stressful since it was hard to keep it looking as perfect as she wanted it with Alex around, but she did a very good job. We did a hula party, with hawaiian music, tiki torches, hula skirts, hawaiian haystacks, smoothies and a little hula dancing. It turned out pretty well, I didn't hear any complaints from her so I'm assuming in her mind it was successful. Sigh.
































4 comments:

Danae said...

It looks like it was a fun party! Hope Audrey had a great 7th birthday!

carrie said...

Brooke, kudos to Audrey for the great decorating and planning! Wow...how are you going to survive planning her wedding in 15 years? I love the hawaiian theme, I'm going to have to copy you for Caitlin's next birthday!

carrie said...

Brooke, this is mom. What a great picture of Audrey opening her present - what a cute smile.
Glad she had a great party, and was pleased with the outcome! The deck on your house looks fun.

Kate said...

Cute Audrey! Can't believe she is 7!