Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Viewer Discretion Is Advised....

I know these are super gross, but I wanted to share anyways :) Poison oak is awful! I took these yesterday, and if it's possible, it looks worse today, and now it is starting to cover my arms. I went to the doctor today, and I got some meds. I have to take some pills for the next 2 weeks. One of the worst parts about the blister/rash is that it is sooo hard to sleep! I've been tired and grumpy, and so sick of wiping nasty fluid from running down my legs. It's like a leaky faucet that never stops. The kids think it looks like sap. Audrey says I am turning 'ugly'...? I'm assuming she's talking about my legs. Anyway, hopefully in a couple days the medication will start helping. Now I know why dad hates poison oak so much! I guess some people don't react at all, most people have a mild rash, and some have severe reacations like blisters...I guess I know what category I fall into. I'm so glad I didn't take any kids with me when I went blackberry picking, I can't imagine having to deal with kids having this!

















5 comments:

Emily said...

oh my gosh brooke!! that is horrible, and it looks so painful.. it does look a lot like sap though.. you have crazy reactions to it!

I hope it will get better soon, i can't imagine trying to sleep with that!!

DAD & MOM said...

Ohhhhhhh, how awful! Can you imagine dad having his whole body covered in it- including his face - when he was little? Looks like you have quite a bad reaction also. Why did it take you so long to get it? I don't think you ever had it growing up.
Dad hasn't seen these yet, not sure if he can take it. Hope the meds dry you out quickly.

Stephanie said...

Oh Brooke! That's terrible! I'm sure you're absolutely miserable! My Mom gets bad reactions too. She would wrap the blisters with a gauze to absorb the ooze. You have to change them, but it may help you sleep longer. Hope the meds work quick!

Kate said...

yuck! that looks awful. they are REALLY gushy. i hope it gets better quick!

Becky said...

Ewwwww!! Having grown up on the west coast, I was given a fear of Poison Oak that rivals things like volcanoes erupting and falling off a cliff. My mom apparently played in in unknowingly as a small child and had it all over her entire body- so she instilled this fear into her children. My brother in law got it after traipsing through the woods in the Bay Area of CA, and my sister is now dealing with a Pioson Ivy rash from her back yard. Jeesh- and the plants look so innocent too. Anyway, how aweful for you- hopefully you will be able to recover well, and quickly!