We just finished a bookshelf for our super-tall wall. (Notice the amazing gray color- mom picked it while she was out here and we love it! It's gorgeous!). I read about this idea in a magazine: you get manufactured bookshelves and anchor them to your wall, them trim them out to make it look like a built in. I completely scored by getting these HUGE bookshelves from a yard sale (2 are in the garage, holding Rod's man stuff). These four we used for our "built-in". Up until this was finished yesterday, we had PILES of books all over the floor. So we felt a little pressure to get this done so they'd have somewhere to go. We built this whole thing, shelves, paint, and all for about $280.
I have to toot my hubby's horn for him: he did an AMAZING job. He's a genius. Pure genius. And he worked so hard to get these done after work and on the weekend. I documented the start to finish of the project:
Anchored to the wall! Yeah!
All trimmed out!
The "fun" part! Just kidding- Rod will tell you this was the worst thing ever. His spray gun had a gazillion issues, so getting this painted was a major ordeal for him!
Voila! All done! Time for books!
Guess I need to buy more books to fill this up!



4 comments:
Beautiful!! Very nicely done!!!
I LOVE it!!!! Can Rod build us one when we get a house?! :)
that is amazing! looks so good!
Wow! It looks so great! That is awesome.
Post a Comment