Sunday, October 20, 2013

A little more like home...


So we got this piano for $100 from our neighbors a few months ago.  It was ugly.  So I painted it! I painted it "old white", then distressed it, with gold legs and trim.  You can't tell that it's gold in the picture, but it is.  I got the idea from Emily's coffee table that she painted (which is super cute and she should post a picture of)!



This couch I scored at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $100.  SOOOO much better than our old black leather "man-cave" couch that's been in our living room.  It makes the whole room feel much more home-y. 



In other news, we (Rod & I & Caitlin!!!) have to speak in church next Sunday.  It'll be Caitlin's first talk in sacrament meeting (although she has borne her testimony once before).  She's nervous, but I think pretty excited, too! 

And Brooke, I want to hear all about your first day of work!!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Carrie, you distressed that piano really good, it looks great! I love the gold legs! And that couch is a score too!
I can't believe Cailtin has to speak! I think she's the youngest sacrament speaker I've ever heard of! that's awesome though, I'm sure it will be a fun experience for her- I hope she's not to nervous!

Kate said...

that piano looks awesome- seriously! you'll have to tell me how to do it one day. you'll give great talks I'm sure!

DAD & MOM said...

The piano looks really good! Way to go. The sofa does make the room much more comfortable, and you don't have to stress over it for $100! What a great deal! I'm proud of Caitlin, and I'm sure she will do a great job!

DAD & MOM said...

The piano looks really good! Way to go. The sofa does make the room much more comfortable, and you don't have to stress over it for $100! What a great deal! I'm proud of Caitlin, and I'm sure she will do a great job!

brooke said...

Did you have to strip or sand the piano first? I need to do ours, but think prepping it for painting is going to take forever. And now that I'm a working woman, I don't have TIME!! My first week went well by the way. I work with nice people. But the time management thing is a challenge! Finding time to work on projects will be hard.
I love your sofa. That is a great find. The piano looks awesome, and Ems coffee table is really great too!

carrie said...

I didn't do any prepping 'cause I used chalk paint. It's expensive, but that's one of the selling points, is that you don't have to prime or sand or anything. I found recipes on how to make your own chalk paint, so I'm going to try that for my next project...