I have decided that I LOVE snow. Or, more accurately, I love seasons. It is so awesome. Here's Abby doing some snow angels in our backyard- this is after she had told me she "didn't want to go outside". Then she goes and had a ton of fun. Last year I liked the snow- but this year I love it. Seriously, I don't ever want to live in a place that doesn't snow.
I also love Benji. Emily, you rock for giving us this cat. I love him. Ironically, Rod is his absolute favorite. He loves Rod. Must be a guy thing. I'm #2, and I'm pretty sure Lizzie is #3. He sleeps on our beds each night. First he was just sleeping on our bed, but now he sort of does this self-rotation where he goes back and forth between Abby and Lizzie's beds, and squeezes in the occasional Caitlin's and our's bed.
He is the best cat ever (no offense, Zoogie, Jimmer, and Rosie). He brought us a quail today. He's gotten a mouse, a sparrow, and now this quail. The mouse and sparrow were a month or two ago. And I am surprised he got a quail- they are fast and kinda big for Benji (or so I thought). I think the quail are beautiful and I love the dozens that run in our yard- but I was proud of Benjie!
The quail is already dead- he had just brought it up to the sliding glass door to show off, then rolled around and played with it for awhile. I rewarded him with bits of ham. I don't want to encourage him to kill quail....but he was so proud of himself! And I trust that he won't be able to get too many quail...they have got to be hard for him to get.
Aren't quail beautiful?
So any thoughts on what I should do with the quail? He's done playing with it and it's sitting on our deck. Do I throw it away- or will Benjie be like "Where's my stinkin' quail that I worked so hard to get?" He ate the mouse and kind of dismantled/ate the sparrow...so there wasn't much left of those two. But the quail's kinda big...what do I do?
And yes, I realized I just wrote, like, four paragraphs on my cat. When other people rave about their pets, I would think, man, you need a kid. But I have four kids. So now I can rave about my cat.



3 comments:
good post Carrie. i loved reading about benji :) i don't know about the whole snow thing though...
Aren't cats just awesome!!? What did you do with the quail? They are pretty birds. Bengji is an cool cat. He's earning his keep!
Quail update: all that's left are a few scattered feathers on our deck! Benji left it on the deck and that night something stole the quail...I'm guessing a raccoon? Or a skunk?
Post a Comment