Thursday, February 6, 2014

Another attempt.....

 
 
Okay, I am going to blog again! I've been having technical difficulties with a broken computer, replaced finally, then a broken screen due to fighting children, zero computer while being repaired, after being 'repaired' for 6 weeks we were informed it wasn't worth it for them (fortunately the warranty covered the accident) to repair the screen so they replaced it, then my phone (where I take most of my pics these days) died and I finally got a new one right before Christmas, and now I am finally uploading them to the computer and onto the blog :) A few times I 'almost' blogged when I got some pictures uploaded from my camera and spent 1/2 hr putting a post together and somehow it didn't post and disappeared. Anyway, I'm here to try again. Here's just a few pictures from before Christmas. I'll do the holidays soon. I might have time this weekend as it's actually been snowing today and we may have a snow day tomorrow! Yippee!! (Before I was working a snow day did not mean excitement for me:)
Troy made breakfast for dinner tonight and they are having a picnic while they watch Transformers, so I figured it's quiet upstairs-and why not blog?!
 
Troy was excited when I got my picture taken for the staff wall at the high school. He and I are both on the far left. So weird to see it still!
 

              Troy got to go to a Monday Night football game with a buddy. He was really excited, although a little torn as to who to root for since both his favorite teams were playing.




Here's a lovely blurry picture of Audrey's winter concert. She did a good job! The 4th graders each get their own recorder and learned some really pretty songs. I decided a recorder only sounds nice when played as a group. Played around the house all by itself it's torturous. I felt bad when I realized everytime she played it she was told to stop or go in her room and shut the door. Yeah, we probably crushed her recorder dreams.


Not being home during the day has been a hard adjustment, and the house definently has suffered. I told Troy one Friday after work that he would be the best husband ever if he took all the kids somewhere for a few hours so I could be home to clean without anyone there to mess it up right after. He obliged and took them for a bite to eat and I can't remember where else he went, but they were gone for 4 hours, it was sooooo nice! His friend and his son came along too, so he had company.


2 comments:

carrie said...

Brooke, SO glad you posted! And I love the blog's new look!

DAD & MOM said...

Your picture looks so important! It's as big as the principals'. The kids look so big. We r excited to see you in March.