This is last month- Lizzie & Abby were both sick (vomiting and all- oh, it was SO fun), and Haley wasn't...but, of course, she has to be doing whatever her big sisters are doing. If that meant sitting on the couch with books, crackers, and soda- so be it. =)
Haley got a black eye on Wednesday. She was outside, trying to get down from a chair, and flung herself forward and straight into a raised wooden planter bed. Ouch.
So I'm old and I still love birds. Some things just stay the same, no matter how old you get! Anyway, Caitlin and Lizzie had big long reading lists and chores and other things to do to "earn" their birds (but secretly, they're mine =). This is an armoire/shelf thing I got at a yard sale last summer, and it's been serving as a bookself. We took out the shelves and converted it into an aviary, and it works great! This is the first piece of furniture I completely refinished (not painted). It was this red mahogany stain, and I really wanted that barn feel, so I stripped it all and restained it. I like how it turned out.
Unbeknown to anyone, Abby was "playing" with Lizzie's bird and accidentally killed it- it was really sad! So....Rod had to put a lock on it so the kids can't just open it up whenever.
(And we got Lizzie another bird).
(And we got Lizzie another bird).
I've been trying to organize and get printed into albums the 13 years'
worth of pictures I have on our computer. I'm chipping away at it.
Anyway, found these old gems that I just had to share....
When you gotta go, you gotta go!
And this pic just cracked me up!



4 comments:
Oh poor Haley. Kisses from Nana.
Sorry to hear about the dead bird, but not too surprised . . Your aviary turned out so good!
Who is that in the camping pic??
And What is Troy doing? So funny!
Haha! Devon would DIE if he saw that picture! That is hilarious. I love your aviary! If birds weren't so damn annoying I'd want one :)
Troy loves to photo bomb pics when he can. I have so many pictures that he's ruined! :)
Post a Comment