Friday, April 3, 2009

We Had Visitors!

This last week Nathan and Bev and their four kids came to visit us. It was a lot of fun to have them stay with us. Audrey loved having her cousins to play with and it was great to hang out with Nathan and Bev, we've missed them! Troy and Nathan let me and Bev go to Redding and shop for a day (we let them have a day too) while they were brave warriors and took all eight kids to Burney Falls.









Working hard on their Easter project





Troy's mom Cheryl MADE each of these blankets for the girls and gave them to them on their birthdays. They loved movie time under their special blankets. Aren't they adorable? (the blankets AND the girls)


Troy and Nathan took the 5 older kids up the mountain above our house in Troy's car. I got a call from Troy telling me that they were stuck, the car was high-centered in the snow and wasn't budging. So Troy is giving me a list of things to bring up to them...axe, shovel, rope, boots (he was wearing slippers!) and a bunch of other stuff. So I hopped in the van and drove up the logging road ( I wasn't sure how far my van would go up the mtn!) As I was about a mile up I saw them walking down to meet me. So we took the kids back (they thought the whole thing was entertaining) and Troy and Nathan went back up and managed to get the car out just before it got dark. The adventures of Frick and Frack continue. (childhood nicknames courtesy of Glenn)





A-bomb and Uncle Nathan









5 comments:

Kelson, Jill, Tayah, and Ayla said...

First of all...that is a lot of kids between your families. It sounds like you guys had tons of fun.

Danae said...

I love the Adventures of Frick and Frack. That sounds like a good book in the making.
Burney Falls is really pretty, Brooke!

Tani Ireland said...

Wow, I can't believe that you and Bev let my brothers take 8 kids near water unsupervised!!!! Amazing!:)
Looks like you had fun!

DAD & MOM said...

Wow, that is a lot of kids when they get together! I'm sure Audrey loved the girl influence. The blankets are very cute. Sorry, I wasn't very hospitable when Troy came down. I was feeling crummy. My plan is to lay in bed all weekend and be better by Monday. I've got things to do!

Beverly said...

We had lots of fun with you guys. Thanks for everything!!