Friday, July 10, 2009

So I haven't been able to post any pictures for awhile since my camera wasn't uploading them. I thought I had figured it out, but no, instead my memory card got ERASED. I want to cry when It think about it! I had so many pictures and videos. All of Audrey's birthday pictures including the armless handicapped Barbie cake I made for her and countless other pictures I'll never get back. So I am bummed. BUT, this one picture did not get erased, I don't know why. And I don't know why it had to be this one but here we have Cameron's pet moth. (which has since died) It is HUGE, like 5 inches long. Anyways, there's always some interesing animals around the house. The kids found a ton of caterpillars and put them in a jar. Audrey (who is desparate for any pet to be captive to her every wish) put them in one of her teeny tea cups and attached a dog leash around the handle and drug the 'pet caterpillars' around for a nice walk. One night when Troy and I were getting ready for bed and checking on the kids Troy was in front of Audrey's room about to open her door when he felt something squishy under his foot. He looked down and noticed that about 5 caterpillars were trying to make their escape from under Audrey's door and he had stepped on one. No more caterpillars in the house. Then there was the dead snake they found, which I wasn't a big fan of-however it provided hours and hours of entertainment so I feel like I am indebted to Mr. Snakey as he was named. Oh and I can't forget Cameron's spider collection in the tupperware container. I hope they all die soon. And yesterday he was catching giant grasshoppers and feeding them to his lizards. So that's pretty much what's going on around here. We are excited for Lake Tahoe!



6 comments:

Danae said...

EEEWWWWW. I would have to agree- no more catterpillars.... Emma and Elizabeth are forever bring their collection of rocks indoors, but I suppose that a whole lot better than some things. :o)

Emily said...

That is so sad brooke! I'm sorry they all got erased!

All those bugs in the house sound really scary! Did you find the dead snake in your house???

Kate said...

I'm sorry about your pictures, that would be heartbreaking! But the picture of the moth is soooo cool! of course i would rather see pictures of your family, but that is a really good picture.

carrie said...

The kids sound like true "little heathens"! Racoons, spider collection- what's the difference! I'm quite impressed with Audrey's configuration- maybe there's a market for a catepillar leash?

DAD & MOM said...

Well, Brooke I saw the armless Barbie cake, and I
can say it was fabulous! I'm so sorry you lost them.
Cam really should be a biologist or something. He loves critters. We appreciate you letting us crash last week, in and out with the trek. I'm sorry we didn't get to do much with the kids.

Jenny said...

Um, I was going to come to your house but now I'm not so sure... can you guarantee nothing will be crawling on me at any piont? haha!