Friday, July 2, 2010

Crafty, crafty


Some crafty stuff I've been up to lately: I've had this chair in the works for a long time; I bought the fabric a year ago to reupholster it. Seriously, an entire year this has been on my mind. It was just so daunting, but once I tackled it, it only took 5 days to do. Now it's comfy and looks good, before it was stained and dirt streaked to the point of grossness!!!


This ottoman actually goes with the chair I just reupholstered, but there's no room in our living room for it. So I recovered it with outdoor fabric and it's a side table/ottoman/coffee table for outside. (side note: those are my tomato plants in the background; I'm harvesting yummy tomatoes, some are from seeds mom brought me from Italy a few years ago. They are good!!)


I hope Megan doesn't check this blog before I take these to her next week, but these are for her baby boy! She's due in a few weeks, and while we're in Tahoe I'll swing these by for her. I made these booties and hat from a super cute Amy Butler pattern. She has a book out that a friend told me about; I got it from the library and pretty much want to make every single thing out of it...but these have satisfied me for now.


It's sad you can hardly see the lining- that's the super cute part of these!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

So CUTE, I'm so impressed. the hat and booties are so cute

brooke said...

You are AMAZZZZZING! Were you born knowing how to just do everything? The chair looks great, I love the fabric. Megan will love the booties and hat, the airplane lining is adorable. Wish we could swing Tahoe this year :( Eat a market sandwich for me on the beach. Come hang out with me and the kids later this summer at moms! I know, so much easier said than done. Love you!

carrie said...

Brooke, I will DEFINATELY eat a market sandwich for you. In fact, I'll probably eat two. Or maybe three. That's how much I love you!

DAD & MOM said...

That chair looks soo good in your room now! Nice job Carrie. And the booties and hat, make me want to sew something too!
Thanks for posting them.

Emily said...

It all is so cute carrie! I love the booties and hat, those are adorable.. and I really like both fabrics that you used on the chair and outside ottoman.. I feel so not crafty... can someone please teach me something crafty?!!

Jenny said...

Carrie can you please stop posting stuff like this and making us all feel inadequate and untalented. Thanks.

Hehe just kidding - You really are amazing though. SUPER cute stuff :)