Monday, September 13, 2010

What we've been up to...

Well, for starters, we've sort of been creating a farm. Why? I have no idea, it's some strange, innate desire to be "living off the land" that I can't explain. So we have chickens, a bunny, and soon will have a pygmy goat. I feel like I have lots of pictures to post and update everyone on, but for starters, here's our Bunny! We call her Brownie...




This is her "station". It's not a cage, because there's open sides, but it has her litter box, food, water, and a little loft. It fits right under the girls' project desk, so it's out of the way.
And I made this all myself! Busted out Rod's circular saw and did it! Sketched it out, bought a little wood, and did it. It was fun, and a learning experience!

She's a "house rabbit". She's litter box trained and just hops around the house. She goes outside if she wants to, but prefers to be whereever people are. She'll lounge under the kitchen table, sit and watch the girls play, and follow me around the house. She even comes when Rod calls. I'll admit it: we're kinda loving this bunny. She's super social with the girls, and eats veggies from their hands. I think it's so fun for them!



More posts to come: Rod's deck that he finished quite awhile ago but I never posted a picture of it, the chicken coop Rod's building, Caitlin's school, our trip to Benicia, and going to Rockville with Kate and Clark!
Also...next girls trip need to become an item of discussion! I'm thinking spring break, we go up to Brookes, hang out, then go to the coast up there! What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Kate said...

cute bunny! okay...but you cannot make fun of me at all for loving my kitty. You are in the same boat with Brownie...if not worse.

Brooke said...

Brownie is pretty darn cute. I love her little bunny palace! You have skills Carrie. I can't wait for the goat. I think it's awesome you're creating your little farm in your Las Vegas cubicle!

DAD & MOM said...

Wow, I'm really impressed, circular saw and all! What a great little condo your bunny has. Can't wait to see the chicken coop - Rod has to one-up you! How are those chickens coming along?