Saturday, October 16, 2010

Whittle update

I have been without my computer for almost a month, so sorry if it seems I'm MIA. I should be getting it back next week. Troy brought his work one home for the weekend, so I thought I'd post some pics of our recent happenings. The first of October we went down to the sandbar, which is just a big sandy penisula in the Columbia River. Cool thing about it is that I can see it from my kitchen window, and it's a 2 minute drive. It's like our own private beach! Kite boarders also use it too. I remember last year I posted a picuture of the first of Oct. in Big Valley and it was snowy and cold. Much better this year! It's super shallow for quite a ways, so its fun to just let the kids run around and go crazy. Speaking of crazy, we found this nasty salmon on the beach...I'd hate to meet one of these in the water. I guess this certain breed has sharp teeth. They boys were in heaven. I had to put my foot down when Cam wanted to bring it home.









Look what I inherited, for free! I'd been wanting a KitchenAid mixer for a long time, and I am loving it! A lady in my ward (whom I hadn't met yet) called my friend in the ward and asked her if she wanted a mixer (apparently she had 2 of them). Since my friend already had one, she mentioned me (somehow the topic of KitchenAid mixers came up in one of my conversations, with her, and I'm glad it did!) and VIOLA, me and my new BFF. As if I needed any more encouragment to make cookies.


Mom, here's a few pics of our RS meeting. This one with the cute old ladies is the only one from that night, you can't really see the food table decorations, but we had vines, flowers, apples and acorns in vases. Pretty much everything came from the sister in the black shirts' garden.

These were the centerpieces, styrofoam cups spraypainted and filled with dirt, branches with small pears, and painted acorns. I think we tucked a little greenery in them too to add more color.




Audrey lost her first tooth! She was super excited and wanted to Skype Caitlin and Lizzy right away...but alas, no computer :( I told her she could call them, and I keep forgetting. Whenever Audrey reminds me it's always too late, or too early or just something!


Devon has been enjoying band a lot. I know Troy is pleased that he chose to play trumpet. I have no idea how Troy's mom tolerated all the noise. Let me paint a scenario: trying to make dinner in a hot kitchen. Audrey and Alex fighting at my feet, which involves lots of crying and whining. Cameron bouncing a basketball on the floor around the house and Devon walking around BLARING his trumpet and wanting me to listen to a song he's been working on. If he doesn't get it perfect he starts over, if he sees me glance away he starts over....oh my hairs are standing the back of my neck just writing this. I remember always complaining to mom and dad whenever I'd have to go to one of Carrie's 'dumb' band concerts. It's payback time I guess.

And just for fun, someone gave Troy this HUGE apple at work. Serioulsy, the picture doesn't do it justice. It is massive!
Hope everyone is good and enjoying Fall!











7 comments:

Emily said...

BROOKE!! You guys look like you're having soo much fun, especially that 'personal beach'!

I'm so glad you got a kitchen aid.. you definitely deserve it! I wish we lived closer so we could come enjoy all that craziness of trumpet/fighting/basketball bouncing.. we need to come visit!

Kate said...

that beach looks so fun! perfect for the kids. How exciting that Audrey lost a tooth- did you tie dental floss around it or did it come our on it's own? that apple is huge...what are you going to do with it?

Danae said...

How exciting that you got a KitchenAid mixer. They are wonderful! And that salmon was pretty nasty looking. Bleck!

What happened to your computer?

DAD & MOM said...

Brooke, glad your back after being lost in cyber space! The pictures are great. You guys better get set up with a kite surf board! I love the acorns on branches. Alex kicking the water is so cute! Can't say that for the salmon.

Kate said...

oh yeah i forgot to tell you how stinkin cute the painted acorns are- what a great idea!

carrie said...

Congrats to Audrey! The girls would love to hear about it! That salmon is GROSS- I hope it's not the mascot for White Salmon or anything! Love the centerpieces- are you on the Enrichment committee? How has everyone settled into school and everything? I think that's super cool Dev's in band....tell him I'd LOVE to come to a "dumb" band concert!!!!

Jenny said...

I love how Patrick and Devon both play the trumpet!!! Actually Patrick is doing the coronet this year which is apparently a smallish trumpet. He's pretty much on his own when it comes to band. I have no musical talent as you Crowleys know. I think Devon is adorable. Seriously, a few more years, and watch out.