Friday, April 22, 2011

Books, anyone?

I've added some books that I've really enjoyed reading the last few months to the list on the right. While I'm waiting for my next book club read to become available at the library I need some ideas for other books. SO- what are your suggestions?!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Brooke! I just finished this book called Bulletproof Mascara - it sounds silly, haha but it is a really entertaining book!! it's just a fun fiction-but a really good story. It's by Bethany Maines - i highly recommend it!! :)

This is em by the way

Emily said...

lol- i thought it was going to say i was signed in as brett- hence the need for me to identify myself...

DAD & MOM said...

A couple of books I've enjoyed are:
"The Heart of the Sea" by Nathaniel Philbrick, (Moby Dick is based on this non fiction event)
"Little Heathens" by Mildred Kalish,
a good memoir, growing up in the Mid west.

Kate said...

ummmm.....well with all the reading i do it's hard for me to think of just one. :) okay, so i'm still working on Team of Rivals. one book i've always planned on reading is Oliver Twist. Clark liked Seven Miracles that Saved America.

DAD & MOM said...

Wow, Kate we are a minute apart! Ok,
I wanted to add another one. It's a quick interesting read, Kate you would like this.
"Heaven in for Real" by Todd Burpo
A 4yr. old's near death experience.

brooke said...

Kate, I finished Oliver Twist last year and enjoyed it. I made Troy watch the movie with me too :) Mom, I think I borrowed Little Heathens from you a couple years ago. I think I'll suggest that to our book group. I liked it. Also, just the other day I was reading some news articles and one talked about the book Heaven is for Real, so I reserved it at the library. I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the suggestions!

carrie said...

I just finished Jane Eyre for the first time and loved it. If you want a biography, I LOVED William Wilberforce: the life of the great anti-slave trade campaigner by William Hague. The movie Amazing Grace is based on this book. I told Rod I wanted to name our baby Wilberforce if it is a boy! (He's not going for it...). Truly an inspiring book!

carrie said...

Also, my friend just gave me a book called "Radical Homemakers" that she said she really liked. I haven't sat down and cracked it open yet, but the title alone makes me excited to read it!