Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!



I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers mom sewing us all matching Easter dresses each Easter. Having 3 girls, I also felt an irrestible urge to have a little matching going on today. So, Caitlin and Lizzie each got a new skirt. Abby got shafted, since I didn't have time to make her the dress I was planning on, but she didn't seem to mind! These are the skirts I made for the big girls:




These are actually the bridesmaid's skirts that Kate and Em wore at our wedding. I just made them short and small to fit them, and added a little tulle sash in the front. The girls loved them!




It took a few shots to get to that first one I posted. Ah, the joys of children:











Abby's not wearing her church dress since she had an accident in nursery. She's been doing pretty darn great potty-training overall, though. I can't complain over the occasional accident!




4 comments:

Emily said...

cute skirts carrie!!! They are adorable, and it's even better that they are from recycled fabric!!

DAD & MOM said...

I'm happy to see the skirts revised.
That was such nice fabric - they look nice. Where do your girls get these poses? They crack me up!

brooke said...

very cute skirts Carrie!! I love their facial expressions...hilarious! Did you make mom's cinnamon rolls?

Kate said...

those are so cute! nice work Carrie