I loved the tradition growing up of finding a big heart sugar cookie- decorated just for me!- on my pillow on Valentine's Day. (which is reason #7892 why we have the best mom ever) So we continue this in our house. They're not quite as big as the ones mom made us, but they are just as wonderful to find on your pillow! The other clever thing mom did that I loved was using up frosting in between graham crackers for a yummy lunch treat. My girls LOVE these!
I'm just now beginning to realize that if I have to be a mom who "does it all", I'll go crazy (well, MORE crazy than I am now). So I made this after-dinner chore wheel. With some paint, paper, and mod-podge, it was a lot of fun to make, and even more important, it got my craft-ninja girls to think it's super awesome and they love spinning it and helping out after dinner. And I don't have to do it all! Even though they're little, when everyone helps it makes a big difference! (and no, we don't make Haley do her chores- we're picking up her slack now, but we're already planning ahead for when she can carry her own weight!)
I made a dinner Rod hated. Well, strongly disliked. Tofu burgers. Even with delicious grilled mushrooms, and bacon to boot, he hates tofu. And really, it's not bad. Grilled and smothered with bbq sauce, it's pretty yummy I think!


Haley is the happiest baby. She's into this tongue-clicking thing right now that's pretty darn cute.

A few Sundays ago, I realized Haley is outgrowing this dress and that made me VERY sad so I had to take some pictures! This dress was a present from Jenny Foley when I had Caitlin and it's been my very favorite baby girl dress ever since then!! So I'm more than a little sad that it has to go back in the box for a long time...or maybe forever! =( (Not sad enough to go have another baby right this minute, though....)
Haley is the happiest baby. She's into this tongue-clicking thing right now that's pretty darn cute.



5 comments:
I love your cookies Carrie. I do the same for my kids. They look forward to it. I find something else for Devon that he likes. I love your job wheel. It looks sturdier than mine which seems to end up on the floor, then under teh fridge somehow. I think someone it sabotaging me. Haley is super adorable! So I bought some tofu and put it in a spinach smoothie. I seriuosly threw up. I don't gag often over food, but it was the grossest thing EVER!! I don't know if I put too much in, (large spoonful) or what, but it gives me the shudders just thinking about it. Soo, will you be making the burgers again? Everything else you made sounds pretty tasty!
fun cookies! I made some this year too...then, the next day, I made a chocolate cake. i think i'll hold off for a while. :) Haley is soooo cute! i miss her! and all the lambournes!
haha- brooke, that's funny you thew up over the tofu! I've never actually tried cooking with it- I'm not sure Brett would be excited about it. That chore chart is super cute, and a really good idea.
Little Haley is adorable!!!
The chore chart is made of wood- no joking around about chores! I'm going to figure out a way to hang it on the wall. Brooke, did you use silken or firm tofu? Silken is the kind for smoothies, it's soft and smooth. I notice if I put too much in a smoothie I can taste it, which is not the goal! The kind I grilled was extra-firm tofu. Rod's problem is the texture- he says no matter what I do with it he just can't handle the texture of it.
Glad the Valentine cookie tradition continues! Your cookies look much better than mine. I made some this year, but had to give them away to get them out of the house. Hayley is becoming a young lady. So sweet.
Post a Comment