Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's great to be 8!

Lizzie's birthday was two weeks ago.  Mom came up for Lizzie's birthday, and that was SO AWESOME!!
 I took Lizzie and two of her friends ice skating & then out to frozen yogurt for her birthday.  
Then Sunday we had our family party.  

Lizzie's baptism was the next weekend and was great.  Rod & his dad were back from Brazil and two other ladies (mother/daughter converts) were getting baptized as well, so a lot of people from the ward were there and it was great to be able to share the baptismal day. It made it more special, I think, to share it. 

Rod's dad gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost, and Caitlin sang "When I Am Baptized" (I played for her and didn't mess up! Yeah!!) beautifully.  It was a great day!


 Mom made Lizzie's cake.  Lizzie had quite an elaborate drawing of what she wanted her cat cake to look like, and mom's cake fit the bill!









 After Lizzie's baptism, we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant, then we came home and had dessert: cupcakes and sparkling Martinellis' apple-cranberry cider....which must've been a bit too much for Lizzie's stomach, 'cause she barfed in the middle of the night after this.  But the next day she was fine and went to church & was confirmed. So I think all the excitement of the day + decadent food and treats were a bit much for her!


4 comments:

brooke said...

What a great weekend! Congrats to Lizzie. I'm so impressed Caitlin sang all by herself?! That is awesome. I think you have delt with ten times the amount of barf as me. Glad she wasn't sick though!

Kate said...

Congrats to Lizzie. She looks so cute! Glad you had a nice time and that Mom came up for her bday. Wish we could have been there!

DAD & MOM said...

I had a fun time with the girls.
Including the laughing attack Carrie and I had over Jim Gaffigan.
Sure wish we could have been there for the baptism. Sounds like it was very nice.

DAD & MOM said...

Glad you took some pictures. SOME kids get so offended when you don't have enough pictures of them! HA