Maybe we're just not working out to be "cat" people. Last night, while doing the final lockdown before going to bed, I peered out the window and saw our Cali lying in the street. She had been hit by a car and died. So farewell to Cali, a good and patient cat! She has gone to join her brother, Rocky! The kids are taking it well, and I think this is helping them learn the whole life/death process, where we go after we die, etc. But I enjoyed having a patient cat who never scratched little kids and even sometimes napped with Lizzie, helping Lizzie stay in bed and sleep. That is a good animal! We will miss her!
How we imagine Cali & Rocky's reunion in heaven..



4 comments:
so sad...maybe cats aren't your forte. jk :)
ohhh, that is so sad! So, did you leave Cali there or scrape her off the road? Maybe you can add her to the compost pile or make some homemade make-up or soup. I know you don't like things to go to waste! Sorry, that was insensitive. I was so sad and disturbed when Troy ran over our kitten a couple years ago. But it really was a good lesson for the kids on death. I think I used the 'glove' analogy. Are you going to try again in the cat department?
Dang it! I knew we could have done something with her! I should have called you for ideas before we picked her up and put her in a trash bag and put her in the trash that just happened to be coming the next morning. Kinda a sad final resting place, but I guess she will turn into compost eventually!
I don't think Rod will allow more cats! This was probably a one-shot deal. Next I was thinking possibly bunnies...
Sorry about Cali. Cats are the BEST pets. So easy, so independent. Ask Brooke about the dogs! Bunnies might be fun. Be careful about two though. Guinea pigs might work. Remember Pumpkin? Kate, it's OK we know you didn't mean to drop him on his back! Really.
Post a Comment