Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a miracle!

We are very happy prop 8 passed by 52%. Solano county was one of the few in our area that passed it. I'm sure the battle will rage on, they are now talking of ways they are going to appeal it. UNBELIEVABLE!
Can't they just be good sports and admit they lost? Anyway, I'm thankful for the good silent majority that voted.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Yessss!! All the hard work paid off. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head soon enough. It would be nice if they'd just let it be. Our country and our state is very divided, isn't it?

Kate said...

here's a link to a map that shows how all the counties voted. it's interesting

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/Returns/props/map190000000008.html

DAD & MOM said...

thanks to all for your efforts and support. thanks carrie for your blog.
Dad

carrie said...

Whoo-oo! so exciting! Can they repeal it?? Isn't that the whole purpose of voting? You know, the whole democracy thing??

Brooke said...

Troy here. As far as repealing it, 2/3 of both houses of the legislature would have to approve it's repealing then it would have to be signed by the governor. Only after that would it go to the people for a vote. If I heard right it would then have to pass at a higher rate than 50%. I want to say I heard one vote more than 58%. That part could be wrong, but it would take alot for it to even see the people for a vote again.

carrie said...

But they could just put another proposition on the ballet to repeal this amendment to the constitution. It's frustrating...why can't this be the beat-all, end-all?