Here's a little video of our first big snow. I don't mean to show you up Carrie, although I can't believe they canceled school in Vegas! Crazy. Here has been my experience with the snow so far:
1) It is so cold that our water pipes have frozen several times. There's nothing more irritating than having no water. Of course it happens on the day the Alex throws up 3 times. How do you clean up barf with no water? I can't do laundry, flush toilets, shower....nothing! So I used those days an an excuse to do just that-nothing.
2) It takes twice as long to take kids to the bus stop. I have to unbury the car first. The other day I was taking them to school and Cameron was crying that his hands hurt they were so cold. It was -18 that day.
3) Bundling kids up and helping them put snow boots on. That is going to be the death of me.
4) Clumps of snow around the house that have been tracked in that become small invisible puddles of water, which I step in with my socks.
5) This morning I had to go to the post office to mail some packages. It took me 1/2 hr just to get out of my driveway. I got stuck and had to use the floor mats to inch my way closer to the road. I finally got unstuck but was covered with mud and wet from digging in the snow (by the way, a CD case make a pretty good shovel).
6) It is very pretty. I'll just stare at it out my window though.



11 comments:
Wow. That's nuts, Brooke! I really feel for you on the no-water thing, that's got to be insanely hard. Don't they know they're supposed to cancel school when there's a 1/2" on the ground??
by the way, that icicle picture is awesome!
it's so pretty brooke! but i'm not sure if the beauty of it is worth not having water when your child throws up! We're excited for you to come down here, we have water all the time!
Wow, Brooke!! I am sorry it is so inconvenient. At least Heavenly Father made it pretty . . . So- do they ever close school for snow days, or is it like Northport (so my friend reports), where school never closes because some of the kids live in such back-woods conditions, that school is so much safer in a storm. After seeing what you have to go through, I will totally stop complaining that my kid's bus won't come to their normal stop when it snows (the "alternate" stop is too far for them to walk, so I have to drive them to school- - - which is only about 5 minutes away - - I know, I'm a wimp!). Anyway- maybe you should get a snowmobile like some people we knew in Spokane that lived in a remote spot on a mountain- that was their only way in and out in the winter! I wonder if there is a way to hook a baby seat onto a snowmobile . . .
Sometimes I seriously cannot believe that is your life! Oh gosh, I remember the snow boot situation- I do not miss that! Living in the snow is just so much work. I totally remember stepping in puddles in my socks too- that is so funny! I bet you'll be glad to come visit on Monday :)
Come back to us!
Brooke,
does your husband leave for work without preparing a way for your car to get out???????
Dad
Brooke I think you guys should get a horse, not a snowmobile. Then you hitch up a sleigh and totally be set!
But be sure to add sleigh bells to your sleigh.
Ryan says the answer is SLED DOGS. Just another 10-12 more dogs and you'd be set! And then have them sleep by the pipes to keep them from freezing. :o) Ryan has all the great ideas, doesn't he?
From me- your pictures are very pretty, but you should think about coming back to WA. :o) Our pipes aren't freezing.
Was church at least cancelled?
Dad- yes Troy does clear a path to get to my van, although to clear a path out of the driveway, we definently need a snow plow. He also chops wood for me to use during the day. That's my mountain man! I like all the sleigh, dog sled, and snow mobile ideas! School is rarely canceled around here. We're not wimps like Vegas :)
yes, yes, we're totally wimped out, I'll admit it! Last night it was 69 degrees in our house and I was cold!!
Post a Comment