Friday, May 29, 2009


I just had to show you all this. So for the past few months whenever bars of soap would get down to a sliver and you couldn't use it anymore, I'd put it in this jar. I'd been buying the natural soaps lately and I hated throwing any part of them away. Anyway, so I melted them together, added a few tablespoons of water, and molded them together- and they work GREAT!! Rod thinks they look like barf, and maybe they do, but it's great recycling!



Mom- Lizzie has taken your "books for babies" philosophy to a whole other level.


Lizzie's bear after she got into my buttons and pins- I can't tell if it's voodoo or super creative.

She also did his bum.

7 comments:

Emily said...

carrie- i agree with rod. And i don't think i would wash myself with them!!! :) but it is good recycling...i guess. haha. lizzie and her bear are so funny..

DAD & MOM said...

I'm so proud of your recycling! Think how much money you are saving-$3.00 at least! I've been saving old candles. I remember you used to make them. Tell me how I turn them back into usable candles, recycle queen. Do I have to buy special wick string, or will any old string do? Lizzie's motherly instincts are coming out! Not sure the pins in the bear is good training though,-how funny.

Brittani said...

uh- i thought the soap was really moldy cheese. sorry

Brooke said...

I had only read the first two sentences and I knew this had to be a Carrie post. So is it worth saving the $3? I know, it's the priciple of the matter. I'm impressed. Although it does look like moldy cheese and I'm not so sure I could put it on by body and feel clean afterwards! Does Rod have a secret stash of UNMOLDY soap he uses without your knowledge? You might want to check on that.

-by the way I haven't posted for a while, my camera won't load my pictures onto the computer. so i'm trying to figure that out.

Mizukawa's said...

Carrie that cracks me up. I love that you don't waste. "waste not want not" and I think that lizzy is so so so cute.

Mizukawa's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carrie said...

Rod here...So, our anniversary is coming up and I thought, "what would make Carrie happier than for me to save up all my sandwich leftover's and then to mash them together for her anniversary dinner"...so romantic!