Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cankles

I had never been stung by a bee as of a week ago. Then I stepped on a wasp and man, that hurt! The next day my foot was all swollen and I didn't think much of it, I figured it would go away later that day. Well the next day it was worse and it was starting to hurt. By the fourth day it still was swollen and it was going up my leg and my foot was getting a weird color. So I finally went in on Saturday (I really hate taking the time to go to the Dr, it's such a pain!) and turns out I had an allergic reation and an infection from the pucture of the stinger. So I had to get a fun tetanus shot and an anitbiotic shot and for a week I have to take antibiotics that make me feel sick (a reminder that I don't want to be pregnant again). The swelling is finally going down and I'm so glad to see my ankle again! So that's what's been going on in my world.
Tomorrow morning we are off to Spokane for the Whittle reunion. I wish I had some serious sedatives for the ride there. I wish I had your DVD player in my van, Carrie. It's those long road trips that make those things priceless!! Is everyone counting down til Tahoe? Hopefully mom is surviving Girls Camp!

6 comments:

Emily said...

brooke!! That is so big! I feel your pain...i'm allergic too, i got stung and had to have an i.v...i feel so bad for you.

Have fun in Washington! Sorry about the long drive!

Stephanie said...

Oh Brooke that's horrible! You poor thing, your foot is so swollen! And 2 shots! I know that tetanus shots make your arm hurt too! Hopefully it will feel better soon. We have had a TON of wasps around our house too. They are so bad that you can barely go outside. I don't know why they are here. Sam bought a can of wasp spray yesterday and killed about 30 wasps, but it didn't really make a difference. I'm afraid to open my front door!

Kate said...

Brooke no offense, but that is so gross looking! But your other foot looks lovely. I'm glad you went to the doctor finally. So will you swell up everytime you get stung? Have fun in washington!

carrie said...

I'm thinking Martin Short in the movie "Pure Luck". Wow- Brooke and Em I didn't know you guys were allergic (I guess you didn't either...) Have your kiddos been stung before?? And I'm so excited for Tahoe this year! John & Jessica are going to be there, too. So it's like everyone will be there for the first time in a long time!

DAD & MOM said...

I'm glad you broke down to get to the doctor! Did they say what could have happened if you didn't? Yeah, I remember Emily and her sting, it was so bad she had an IV in her hand for a couple of days. We had a great week at camp. No one lost in the woods or hurt! Lots of excitement though.

Danae said...

Oh no! That's horrible. My mom once got stung on her hand, and all the way up to her elbow looked like someone had pumped her up with an air pump. I hope you are better now!