Sunday, July 26, 2009

the zoo, zions, egg rolls and more!


The cheescake factory has delicious avacado egg rolls so clark and i thought we'd try to make some...they were delicious! here's the recipe we used: http://www.recipezaar.com/Copycat-Cheesecake-Factorys-Avocado-Egg-Rolls-60891 i didn't use any tamarind or powdered saffron, cause i couldn't find any and they were fine. i highly recommend them.


this was a hike we did called the living room. there are rocks set up like chairs and couches and it's an awesome view.


We went to a demolition derby the same weekend em and brett went. surprisingly it was very entertaining watching cars smash into each other. just picture a life size version of travis playing crack up cars. it's every boys dream i think.


i went to zion's this weekend and we went on just a small hike there, but it was beautiful. we met this couple from england and the woman kept talking about an "adorable creature with the most lovely little face." turns out it was a chipmunk and i learned they don't have chipmunks in england.


Clark and I met Em and Brett and Brett's 2 nephews they were babysitting at the hogle zoo. there was the cutest baby snow leopard!!

6 comments:

DAD & MOM said...

Mmmmm. . maybe you can make us some egg rolls? The picture of Zion park is beautiful. Looks like a fun hike and glad you were able to meet up with Em. We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks and meeting Clark.

carrie said...

Zions', hiking the living room, hogle zoo...I know what you're thinking-if only they were Bonnie Springs Ranch or the Bird Sanctuary.
Beautiful pics Kate! I can't wait to see everyone at Tahoe in a few weeks!

Brooke said...

I'll have to try those rolls, they sound so good. Troy is disturbed by clarks Red Sox shirt :) The boys would LOVE the demolition derby! See ya soon

Brittani said...

excuse me kate- you still haven't called me back after I called you back... clark? what? meeting the parents? come on here- fill me in!! i guess i can't call in the evening now or else I might interrupt clark time. geez.

Emily said...

Kate, you really should call Brittany.

Kate said...

just so everyone knows, i did call brittani yesterday, but haven't talked to her yet :)