Cameron had a great day today. We had crepes for breakfast per his request, then he had a few cookies...and waited and waited for his friends to arrive for the p-a-r-t-y. He had 4 friends over and they had so much fun playing outside and being silly. I didn't feel like going crazy with games or anything and I'm glad I didn't since they were so happy just hanging out together. Cam wanted to have a watermelon eating contest, which was a big hit. Then we did some water balloons and sprinkler/slip n slide fun and came in for presents and cupcakes with sundaes...He had a day full of friends and sugar so he was a happy camper. I think he is ready for school to start, he misses he friends a lot. I am so glad he has found such a good group of boys to be buddies with. They all have the same 'boy' interests. In fact I think the highlight of the day for them may have been when they discovered a dead skunk under the tarp at the pond. I was unaware of this til Cam brought me the skull and a bony arm with little tufts of fur on it. It was simply delightful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!
Even the dead skunk part sounds like such a hit! :)
I can't beleive he's 8!!!
Happy Birthday Cameron!!!!
Happy Birthday Cameron!! Keira's is coming up too, remember they're only a couple weeks apart? his party sounded PERFECT for little boys!! I love the watermelon eating contest idea. Keira's is going to be an outdoor party too, a backyard campout!
Brooke, I love the "boys in the country" theme of your party! Wait, that wasn't planned - they ARE just boys in the country!
Looks like they had a great time. See you in a week.
Happy B-day cameron! Glad it was a fun day. Can't wait to see you tomorrow! I think I could do without the dead skunk though . . . truly you do live in the best place for little boys to grow up!
Happy Birthday Cameron! We love you!! It looks like you had an awesome day!
Nice party Brooke! The watermelon was ingenious. I can't believe Cameron is 8!!! Oh my gosh how old are we?
Post a Comment