Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Here's a doozie from Audrey today:

This morning she told me she wanted a baby sister and asked me if I was "fixed." She was delighted when I told her that I was not. I didn't have the heart to tell her she is most likely not going to have a baby sister. So later today we were having carpet installed (finally) and I could hear her out in the hall chatting with a couple of the workers (who knows what they know about our family now). One of the guys asked her how many brothers and sisters she had and she replied, "I have 3 brothers, but my mom can have a baby girl because she's not fixed yet."

I'm not sure how the guy responded because I had to go to my room to laugh and be mortified at the same time.

8 comments:

Tyler said...

That's what happens when you go through pets and cars faster than children. Now that I think about it, I guess that is the way it should be. Funny stuff.

Brett said...

That is so funny... I can totally picture Audrey running around and telling everyone!!

Emily said...

Brooke! that is soo funny!! Where and how did she even?!...haha

she's such a little chatter box!

Brittani said...

that is hysterical!! i love it

Kate said...

i bet it made the carpet guys' days! now they have a great story to tell. that's so funny!

Danae said...

Kids are just embarassing. They always seem to know the absolutely worst thing to say. But we love 'em anyway!

carrie said...

Wow!! This is one that will be hard to top, even from Audrey!!

Jenny said...

That's awesome. My kids are delighted that I'm not fixed either. I go back and forth...hehe :)