The First Day of School.....

Like a small child on Christmas Day I bounded out of my bed and cheerfully got the kids ready for school. It was a glorious day! It was nice to spend some one on one time with Alex (more on that later) and especially to have no fighting! They are enjoying school, even Devon has admitted its not as bad as he thought. Although he has to tell me every day how boring it is because they do so much work. Audrey is really liking her class. I often find her in her room after school pretending that she is the teacher. It's so nice to be able to finally get some things done around the house!

Cameron-officially 8 and baptized!


And.....we officially own our house! It took a long time and there were times we weren't sure it was going to happen, but we finally closed the deal and had a 'ceromony' taking the For Sale signs down. I told Troy we should put them back up and maybe in 20 years or so someone will buy it :)

This picture cracks me up. Alex was watching Troy trying to pull out the sign, so he put his muscle into it. He was grunting and everything.

And these are the boys' new best friends. They LOVE the bikes mom and dad got them for their birthdays. Devon got a bike with gears and Cameron got a 'trick' bike with pegs which in the picture below mom and dad so gracefully demonstrate.

Devon actually let me take his picture! He wants to show off his new wheels. The boys spend their free time making jumps for their bikes in the empty pond.

What form!
6 comments:
School starting sounds so exciting! :) Devon looks so old in that picture, they're so big!
Sweet tricks mom and dad!
Hey Brooke- I think your fam needs to make a trip to rexburg, whaddya say?! Free place to stay! :)
Sounds like you were the one most excited about the first day of school - ah yes, I well remember. I love the first day picture!
Congratulations on the homeownership! It was a long haul, but you did it!
When shall we come plot out our acre?
How exciting Brooke! I agree- it's so nice when kids are at school. Usually after I drop Emma and Elizabeth off at school, I feed the twins a bottle and put them down for a nap and I have at least an hour of being uninterupted. Wonderful!
Cameron looked pretty stoked in his baptism picture. Congrats!
Congrats on the house, Cam's baptism, and the kids all in school! WHEW- do you do a little victory dance after they're all off?
Awesome stuff! Back to school is always so exciting. Congratulations on the house too!!! We are so happy for you!
I love the picture of Devon and his bike- you can really see how proud he is of it! Congratulations to Cameron :) I totally have an image of you "bounding out of bed" all giddy- that's hilarious! Homeowners...sigh. Someday. I think I have that same picture of Troy from Rick's but he's just holding something different...hahahah
Post a Comment