Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whittle Holidays

We had a fun December, with Christmas at home, then heading to mom and dads for a week. I think I've survived 're-entry' and we're back into our little routine! Here's some pics from last month:


Since Troy is the ward mission leader, the missionaries often come over. Last week they reverted to little boyswhen the whole family engaged in warfare- Missionaries vs. The Whittles. The boys accumulated many weapons this Christmas, so there was plenty to go around. I'm still finding the darts in very strange places.




Dad made some targets for the boys to use the wrist-rocket and the slingshot Cam got.


Christmas Eve hot chocolate and Mr. Kruegers Christmas. Homemade hot chocolate is awesome by the way!


All the snow has melted, we've had a very mild January so far. The kids have only had a couple of days to play in the snow. I'm okay with that, I HATE dealing with boots, missing gloves, 'where's my coat?' Aaaarrrgggggg.

This is Audrey's Princess Palace. It was so easy and fun to make! She loves spending time in there (mission accomplished) and likes to dance and sing like Hannah Montana. It's fun to spy on her.



Ready for battle







Mom looking at their Disneyland album. It was a hit!



Audrey is pleased! She loves the dress mom made (actually converted Em's flowegirl dress from my wedding) and wears it all the time.



Zoogie is so tolerant


The gingerbread from a kit mom, Alex and Audrey put together. We took it home with us, I tried to 'forget' about bringing it, but right before we were leaving I heard, "Don't forget the gingerbread house!" Darn. They wanted to eat it on the way home. I told them it probably wouldn't taste very good. After about 2 miles into the trip I turned around in the van and saw in upside down on the van of the floor. My greatest fear was realized. Hope everyone had a happy new year, we missed your family Carrie!













6 comments:

carrie said...

Brooke, love the pictures! The girls are jealous of the snow, Audrey's house, and Audrey's dress! Amen about the hot chocolate- I just can't do a packet anymore. How do you make it, Brooke?

Emily said...

i love Audrey's little palace, its it so cute!! And Christmas was so fun to see you guys- i want to know how you make your hot chocolate to..?

Brooke said...

I just use the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa powder container. It is hard to go back to the cheap packet stuff after drinking this!

DAD & MOM said...

Dang, I have a whole Costco box of hot chocolate to go through! Thanks for posting your pictures, the one of Cam shoveling in his shorts is funny. Oh, and sorry about the gingerbread house!

carrie said...

Brooke, that's the same one I use! It is SOOOO good!

Kate said...

brooke, i love audrey's princess house, that's so cute!