We had a fun Valentine's Day weekend! We got TWO babysitters on Saturday, one for part of the day, when we went mountain biking and out to sushi for lunch, and one for the evening, when we went to a ward dance for the grown-ups. So fun!
There's all these wild burros signs, so all I wanted was to see an actual wild burrow. We saw one in someone's front yard on the way to the trail! I was expecting a scrawny, weak-looking version of a donkey. Turns out they look quite well fed, and their coats looked really soft (although I didn't touch it, so I can't say if it was or not). And they apparently have no qualms about coming in people's front yards and chillin'.
The ward dance was "retro": dress from your favorite decade! I was late '80s (the picture doesn't show my cut-off shorts, legging underneath, and leg-warmers!!), Rod was early '90s., don't you love the clock?
Continuing the best Valentine's tradition ever! We added our own element this year by hiding their cookies after church for them to find.
Even Abby got one! She figured it out pretty quick...
After about 45 minutes or an hour I was discovered by the girls, who thought sleeping on the deck was the best idea ever. They then proceeded to drag out blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals to complete their "beds". Then they started talking and playing and playing and talking. My blissful hour was over, but it was so great while it lasted!



3 comments:
It looks like a great valentines day!! I'm glad you guys took the whole day for yourselves- you guys deserve it!
That nap in the sun sounds wonderful... I have not seen a warm sun in a looooong time!
cute pictures. that's a good idea to hide your cookies...mom must have hid my cookie really good cause i haven't seen one yet! :)
i want to come take a nap on your deck in the sun.
Carrie, you are an awesome mt. bike woman! What fun - love the burro - how odd! The cookies look so good - Abby, has caught on quickly it seems. Tell Lizzy, I love her cute dress!
Post a Comment