Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Variety Post

So I realize I've been a little post-happy, but I just have one more post to show everyone- I guess we've had a lot going on! Just a few more random things to show you:



This is what I call the "Refrigerator Syndrome". I did something crafy, and, like a kid, I've got to post it here, the virtural refrigerator, to show my indulgent family. I've gotten a few projects done that have been on my list for awhile. A chore chart and a Family Home Evening chart. Those are popsicle sticks with our names on it in the F.H.E. chart. I used embroidery thread to hand-stitch on the names on the chore chart, and the titles on the F.H.E. chart.




Good news to all who may visit! No more deflating-in-the-middle-of-the-night air mattresses! We got a double bed. We've revamped the rooms, now this is Caitlin's bed (thus the stuffed animals) and Lizzie and A.J. share a room. And this mattress is dang comfy, let me tell you!


Caitlin and Lizzie were in a little play. A lady in the ward does this little summer music camp. It's one week and they learn songs, get parts, and wear costumes. On the last day, they do the play for all their friends and family. The play was the "3 Billy Goats Gruff". Caitlin was a goat (which there were actually 5 of) and Lizzie was a butterfly.


Also, one final tidbit of randomness. While camping, Aunt Bonnie shared her yogurt recipe with me. I made it, and it makes delicious yogurt! I will never buy yogurt again! Here it is:
Aunt Bonnie's Crockpot Yogurt
8 cups milk (I used a combo of whole and 1%, Aunt Bonnie uses 2%)
1/2 plain yogurt (read the label to be sure it has active live cultures. I used Dannon's Greek Yogurt)
1 package plain gelatin (optional; helps it set up better when refrigerated. Bonnie says she's made it with and without the gelatin, and likes it better without. I've only made it with the gelatin, and I really liked it).
Put milk in crockpot on low setting for 2 1/2 hours. Turn off, let sit (with lid on) for 3 hours. Stir yogurt and gelatin into one cup of milk. Whisk into the rest of the milk. Wrap crockpot (still off, don't turn back on) in a towel, let sit 8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate yogurt when it's done. Makes 2 quarts.
I mixed mine with jam, it's delicious. Aunt Bonnie halves this recipe, I did too. It makes plenty!When you're down to a 1/2 cup, just use it to make more!


4 comments:

Brooke said...

thanks for the yogurt recipe, I'll have to try that soon! I love the crafty charts, very cute fabric. The girls looks so cute in their costumes! When does Caitlin start school? Are you planning on coming the 9th? can't wait to see all of you!

Kate said...

What a cute little play! I bet the girls had fun. Those are cute charts- so fun.

DAD & MOM said...

Where are you going to add the 5 more kids on your charts? JK Very cute- are they backed in felt?
The girls look so proud and happy in their costumes. I bet they loved that. What a nice person to do that. I'll have to try the yogurt. I eat it for breakfast with fruit, or make smoothies with it all the time.

carrie said...

We'll make some when I come, Mom! Yes, Brooke we're coming either the 9th or a few days before. Yes, they are backed in felt. And the girls LOVED their play. Major confidence-building going on.