We've had fun this last month exploring the area that we now live. We really love it here! There's a lot to do and see. On the Oregon side of the gorge there are a TON of gorgeous waterfalls, and we've gone to few of them. We also took Audrey and Alex (the boys have been in Spokane the last couple of weeks!) to see the Portland Temple. Here's some pics (courtesy mostly of Troy) of our adventures.


This pic (above) is from the Vista House, which is a cool (sorry no pic) dome-shaped 'rest stop' which used to be called a comfort station when it was built in 1916.

This is the fish hatchery nearby where they have HUGE sturgeon and salmon. Here is Audrey with Herman a 70 yr. old, 450 lb. 10 ft long sturgeon!

This is probably the most popular of the waterfalls since you can see it along the highway. Multnomah Falls is 620 ft and is the second tallest waterfall in the US. (Troy is feeding me these facts.) It was really hard to get all the kids in together in this picture, Nathan and Bev and their kids came along too.

My Boys.

Photo courtesy of Devon

I love this of Audrey and Alyssa, they are very similar in personality-yet somehow manage to get along most of the time :)

Audrey posing in front of Wahkeena Falls.

This is also Wahkeena Falls

It is very lush and green. Remember what that looks like Carrie? This is the highway along the waterfalls.

This is Latourell Falls. It is amazinging gorgeous!

This is Wahkeena Falls. Troy took this with his phone camera. I love the sun coming through.

I Love To See The Temple......
4 comments:
Make room in your house. We are moving in. I had no idea fish could live to be 70 years old! All those waterfalls are gorgeous...last time I saw a waterfall in "real life" was when we visited Rod's sister in Oregon....7 years ago. And oh, that color! Brooke, I love these pictures!
How beautiful! I love that picture of Audrey in front of the waterfall. So cute. Okay, we need to come visit SOON
Beautiful pictures Troy. I'm looking forward to my visit this week. See you soon.
Great pictures! We took the waterfall hwy a couple of years back and really loved it. And we also saw Herman at the hatchery.
We were thinking about coming and visiting you later on in the month. Is your phone number still the same?
Post a Comment