Monday, September 30, 2013

I HEART FALL!!!

So it's Fall!!! Whoo-oo!!! I can't experience Fall without remembering mom's cornstalks always decorating the front door. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! These cornstalks are from my neighbor's garden.  I think he thought I was a little TOO excited at the prospect of dried corn stalks.  But it's just not Fall without them.

I've had this grapevine wreath for at least 6 or 7 years.  I like recycling it to fit the season.  I just "Falled" it...fabric flowers made from fabric books mom gave me from her work, and dried weeds gathered from around here. Other than my ghetto white-wire-clothes-hanger holding it up, I love it!

Also, completely unrelated....we had a major virus on our computer and had to factory restore it.  We back up our files pretty often, so we didn't lose much.  But my "favorites" on our browser are gone...and I need links to Kates & Emily's blogs.  Anyone want to send them to me? Or just list them as links on this blog?

6 comments:

Emily said...

Cute carrie! I know what you mean, it's not really fall without mom's dried cornstalks!
That's a bummer about your computer- hopefully it didn't cost to much!
The link to my blog is
www.emilyblodgett.blogspot.com

I don't post that much though, as you know :)

brooke said...

Your front porch looks great! Love the wreath too. Fall is here! Is anyone else thinking about holiday baking? :) Kidding. Sort of. Kate's blog is www.clarkate.blogspot.com

Kate said...

looks great carrie! is it nice to have real seasons?

carrie said...

I love the different seasons! I feel like I have a decade's worth of seasons to catch up on!

DAD & MOM said...

I was in my dried up garden today, wishing I had planted some cornstalks! Nice to see the tradition being carried on!
It looks great Carrie.

DAD & MOM said...

I was in my dried up garden today, wishing I had planted some cornstalks! Nice to see the tradition being carried on!
It looks great Carrie.