Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sushi and Black Widows

Why do I take pictures of my food? Rod and I love sushi. There is a restaurant here, Osaka's, that has incredibly good sushi. The best. But it's also expensive! So, when we need that sushi hit (and we find that sometimes a little sushi just hits the spot), I make some. It's really easy and a lot of fun (we leave the raw fish to the professionals, though. We love it in restaurants, but at home it's veggie, shrimp, crab, or cooked fish). So tonight after our date night, we picked up the girls from our friends, put them to bed, and put some sushi together.
Just some random info on our life in Vegas: this past summer, sometimes Rod and I would go in the backyard after dark to go "black widow hunting" as I call it. See, we spray for bugs like everyone does here, and it's been effective for the past few years, but this summer we noticed we'd spray and it wasn't making much of a difference in all the widow webs in the backyard. So the best way (and most environmentally friendly way) is to go out after dark with a flashlight, see them in their webs, and smash them with a shoe. In one night I did four. That's just a small dent in the number of widows actually around, but it's a little bit of rush just the same!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, you have an exciting life! Hunting for black widows sounds fun-kinda scary too. The sushi thing is awesome, it looks beautiful. I'm sure I'd like it if I liked sushi....maybe someday!

DAD & MOM said...

exterminating bugs is fun!!!

DAD & MOM said...

carrie,
Your sushi looks lovely. I'm going to look for seaweed next time I'm at the store. Love, Mom