Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Party Time!

It was Beverly's birthday this week, so my friend Natalie (my party-throwing photographer friend, she's just amazing! She's on the far left) myself and a couple other friends had a surprise party for her last Saturday. We had a banana split buffet then went to see the movie 27 Dresses, which was the theme for the night. Very fitting since it was Bev's 27th birthday!
Natalie hung 27 dresses from clothespins behind the ice cream buffet. Isn't it so cute!?
We wanted to make this cute dress cake, it's made with fondant which is kinda hard to work with, but it turned out so pretty. By the way, it doesn't taste very good so when we cut it we just peeled it off and had regular frosting underneath. We also made cute party favors, they were little boxes filled with chocolate and shaped like dresses of course! We had a lot of fun-I'm going to miss my friends here when (if?) we move, I don't like to think about it!
And I had to add a couple more cute Audrey pics.

4 comments:

Emily said...

brooke~ your friend sounds really talented! all those decorations and things sound so cute! Those pics of audrey are super cute too!!

Kate said...

you and your friends are so cute...looks like fun! love the pictures too.

DAD & MOM said...

The cake is beautiful! She is truly amazing. I was asked to help with decorations for the Laurel/Priest prom in April. It's a three stake thing. The theme is "Enchanted Neverland". I'd love to pick her brain, or you can for me.
I'll have to print out Audrey's pics - so cute.

carrie said...

Brooke, that dress cake is amazing! And the photo looks from a magazine or something! I'm seriously impressed!