Tuesday, June 17, 2008
The Twilight Series
Ahh!! Brooke why didn't you tell me these were so addicting!! I've already finished the first one and started the second. Okay, and just to check, I saw she's coming out with book #4 in August? I hate this indefinateness. Excatly how many books are supposed to be in this series? She can't string me along indefinately for years, here. Anyway, so my dishes have piled up, my children have run amuk, and dinner's still on the table - 4 hours after we finished eating. But at least I'm getting my reading done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
You have been sucked in! They are SOOOO addicting...you have to get the third book because you'll need to start it as soon as you finish the second. So the fourth and final book comes out August 2nd. I am so excited! And the movie which I think is based on the first book is out in December. While I was reading those books it was seriously all I could think about. Family? What family? Call me when you finish so we can talk about it :)
Okay, I knew it would finally have to happen. Brooke and I actually disagree on something! I guess we're not the same person after all!
I just finished the first book and hated it. Sorry guys. Seriously I just felt like it droned on forever and repeated the same thing every other sentence. I hated Edward. He was so annoying to me I couldn't even picture him being hot. She should have gone for Mike. And Bella was so needy- "don't leave me Edward, stay with me" blah blah.
Sorry. Am I going to be kicked out of the Crowley Blog now? Maybe the second book is better? :)
Brooke I did try to call you today! I finished book #2 and was feeling concerned about this book #4...was it the last one? I just can't not do my dishes that long. j/k...sort of. So you promise me it really is the FINAL book in the series? I'm trying to get my hands on #3, but I'm making myself wait until we go to UT next week. A 6 hour drive will be a good time to start a book. Anyway, I think they're good books, although I do kinda know what Jenny is talking about with Edward...he seems kinda mean and hot tempered to be a really good hero of the book. Their relationship is a little over the top (even considering he's a vampire!) but it still makes for a fun read. But I like Bella, I think she's a great character.
Um, I don't think Jenny and I are friends anymore...
Just kidding, as if that's possible! The 4th book is the final one for sure, at least that's what the author says. I really like Bella too.
Jenny would probably like Jacob if she's not an Edward fan. But she has to KEEP READING to give it a chance! Are you team Edward or Jacob?
Brooke, I'm definately in the Edward camp, but she should have had them form a more normal relationship on normal things- they just sort of became infatuated with each other overnight, which doesn't seem to be based on much except the fact that they're infatuated with each other. What do you think? I mean, Edward should be her best friend AND her lover-boy! There shouldn't even be a question in her mind about who's more important! I mean, I guess that's why these are considered young adult books- because they're overly dramatic, but I really wish Edward and Bella's relationship were a little more realistic; less about infatuation and more about being best friends and all that. What, she's willing to die for the guy, but Jacob's still such a huge consideration? That doesn't really make sense to me, but it still makes for a great read and I can't wait to read #3!
We have our own little book club right here on the blog!
Oh yeah, that's true, I totally liked Jacob! I forgot about him. He seemed really cute. So is he in book #2? Okay, Okay, I'll give it a try :)I called you yesterday Brooke and a babysitter answered! I was like Whoa! Are you totally busy packing? I'll try to call you again soon. :)
Whoa Carrie we posted at like the SAME time! Wierd.
the twilgiht books are soo good!! i have the third one carrie, i havn't read it yet though!!
Em,how do you have the third one but haven't read it????
Jenny-give book #2 a try, you'll probably like it better than the first, as Edward isn't even in half of it!
Ok, so I just finished the third one and I think it was just alright. She definately has a really good set-up going into book #4, so I'm guessing #3is probably going to be my least favorite of the series.
Post a Comment