We had a fun 4th of July weekend. Rod had Friday off, so it was nice! Thursday they do big fireworks from a local park, so we watched those. I think they do them Thursday so as not to compete with The Strip's Friday night ones. Did you know half a million people were here for the 4th? Crazy. Anyway, Friday we had a nice lazy day, and I got to do some clothes shopping. Then we went up to Mt. Charleston to do a little picnic for dinner and enjoy the MUCH cooler weather (notice the girls' sweaters- it was 105 degrees when we left home at 5 pm, Mt. Charleston is a great break from the heat). Saturday morning we all went to a fun family BBQ and did some swimming at some friends' kids' b-day parties. Then we headed to the Temple for date night and got Capriotti's sandwiches afterwards (oh so good- I can't even explain it!). It was so nice to have a 3-day weekend with Rod! We want him home more!
This is our pantry door. I actually did this quite a few months ago, but as I was doing laundry or something, I was thinking, that looks so cool, I'm glad I did it, and I took a picture to show everyone. It's chalkboard paint and it's awesome. The kids color on the bottom part, I use the top for lists and stuff. And the bulletin board is nice, too. I especially like the black with our olive green paint on the wall. Waddaya think?



4 comments:
The mountain picnic looks so fun. I'm sure the girls loved it. Great idea with the door. I've heard of that paint but never used it. Does it erase OK?
that's so cool carrie..thats a really good idea..is it hard to paint over again?
The 4th of July is just one of my favorite holidays! We went to a friends house to swim and BBQ, then Troy took Dev to watch fireworks since everyone else was a little under the weather and too tired (it's not dark til at least 9:30 up here, so fireworks start pretty late). It looks like you guys had fun too. And I really like your door, I always thought about using that.
I don't know if it's hard to paint over again...but it erases just fine, and all we use is a piece of felt for an eraser. I actually think it looks better as it gets used. There are few spots, where the kids have really pushed too hard, that don't erase too great.
Post a Comment