Well, I know I've been posting a lot lately, but I had to update you all on our cat Rocky. Lately he's been pretty sickly, especially the last few days he's been really bad. He could hardly walk, it was sad to watch him. I actually prayed that if he was going to die, he'd die quickly because it was obvious he was in a lot of pain. That very day I put him outside and he was at the sliding door looking at me, then next time I looked he was gone. Now when it's 115 degrees outside, there's not a lot of options for a long-haired black cat. He wasn't there in the morning (he usually lies on the lawn and gets soaked by the sprinklers every morning) so I knew he wasn't coming back. I'm 99.9% sure he just left and passed away somewhere. Where, I have no clue, (I even drove around looking for cat roadkill, but now I think he was translated) but I assume Cali knows and that's why she's not too perturbed over the absence of her brother. I imagine she spent her night near him, comforting and grooming him in his last hours. Farewell to a unique and spunky cat, Rocky.
Just a quick addition: After a little research, it seems that's it's pretty common for cats leave their families when they are very sick or dying. I think that's really interesting. I was reading how they'll go to a peaceful and quite place suitable to them to die in. So yeah, now I'm 100% sure he passed away somewhere. Now I'm just wondering where the heck did he go?



5 comments:
carrie, that's really sad/peaceful i guess...i wonder where he went!..at least he didn't breath his last breaths in your bedroom while you were standing there and then you had to pick up his dead body!!! (im referring to princess' death..sick)
I'm sorry about Rocky, what do you think was wrong with him? How are the girls taking it? That is very sad, hopefully it was fast and peaceful.
I did a little research while he was sick, and I think he had urinary tract issues. I was reading that for male cats that UTI's can actually kill them! So I think that's what got him. He's had problems for awhile, and he'd get better, then worse, I guess this last bout was all his little kidneys could take! Poor Rocky. I know, if we weren't so cheap we would've taken him to the vet....but we ARE cheap (and, up until now, he kept getting better)..
You loved Rocky! Nugget looked like he was close to death the other day. You remember he is a bit mangy. So I was thinking if I was dying, I would like to have a bath and die with dignity . .(note to Kate) So I gave him a bath and bought him some cat tuna for his last meal. Well, he didn't like the bath, but he was too weak to escape, but after he bounced back and now he runs to the fridge every time we open it in hopes of more tuna. I think he has a least another year left!
Carrie
your last two post have been cracking me up. I love your family and the politics. I keep asking questions but I am not sure on the issue. I will have to wait until it is a little closer to pin down what is the most important issues for me to focus on. Sorry about Rocky I think some tuna would have been nice :)
Post a Comment