Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just another afternoon at home

So for the last 3 hours I've been folding laundry and trying to post pictures. For some reason my NEW computer isn't cooperating. Anger! I will not give up hope though. I have a pretty clear schedule tomorrow, so I will spend all day on it :) Soon I am on my way soon to Burney to pick up perscriptions for Devon and Audrey who have Bronchitis. Our last few nights have been:

Troy: Is that Audrey coughing or Devon?

Brooke: Mumbling...."think Dev"

Troy: I'll go give him some cough medicine

Rolls out of bed to the icy tundra of our bedroom.

2 hrs later-

Brooke: Audrey is coughing

Troy: Mumbles

Brooke: I'll go give her some medicine

Almost suffers hypothermia by the time she's back in bed

45 minutes later:

Brooke: (She hasn't fallen back asleep yet) "Audrey's still coughing. I can't give her more medicine. Damn. (did you know middle-of-the-night swearing is okay? I don't think we're held accountable when we're incohereant, right?)

1 hour later when Brooke has just drifted back to sleep:

Devon: Mom?

Brooke: mumbles

Devon: Um, I can't sleep. My brain is all jumbly and I have mucus in my throat. (direct quote)

Brooke: (Trying to be good mom and acutally respond.) You can sleep on the sofa if you want

Devon: Okay.

1/2 hr later:

Devon: (coughing in my face) I have to use the bathroom

Brooke: I can only mutter "okay", while in my brain I am wanting to shake him and scream, "why did you have to come and wake me up to tell me you have to go to the bathroom?"

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So that sums up the last couple of nights. So I am going to get some heavy duty cough medicine with Codine. I'm not sure who should take it, me or the kids?

9 comments:

Emily said...

that is so sad! and i have heard the middle of the night swearing is ok...haha..bronchitis?..how sad! and you guys needed to get heated floors or something!

Tani Ireland said...

Oh I feel for you. I have had the same problem....only it's Ryan keeping me awake.

Danae said...

I'm so sorry. I'm with you on the middle oh the night profanity. But there's a good chance that I'm awake with you! Hang in there! Hey, Brooke, do you think I could get your address? Eventually I might get Christmas cards out...

Kate said...

hahaha...

Stephanie said...

LOL! I can totally relate! All my kids stayed home sick from school today. I had a couple of photo appointments while my children ran wild in the house. I was so embarrassed especially when Brielle started to use her "potty" mouth while yelling at Wyatt. Sigh.. I won't be surprised if my customers never come back.... And yes I think middle-of-the-night swearing is OK.

Anonymous said...

Brooke, that is so sad, but I couldn't help laughing. We have had plenty of those nights. Hang in there. I hope they get better soon!

carrie said...

Brooke that SUCKS! Hopefully Alex and Cam will be spared and you'll just be done with it after Audrey and Dev get better. Try honey for their coughing, too. Some studies were published showing it works just as good as cough syrup for some kids. At least when they've hit their cough syrup quota, you have another option. Hang in there!! Do you guys have any portable heaters?? There's some in the emergency essentials catalog...

DAD & MOM said...

How are they doing today? Did the heavy duty cough syrup work? Dev must be so tired. Hey, I like the new Christmas music.

Becky said...

Shudder- I know how you feel . . . I hope by now everyones getting more sleep! Last night Cynthia started the coughing- it was loud enough that it was waking me up all the way across the house. On top of trying to FINALLY wean Lillian off the bottle . . .