Lizzie LOVED celebrating her birthday! She went to the park with some friends, loved the phone calls from Aunt Kate and Grandma. She loved the book you sent her Brooke, and the stickers from mom! She got your card today in the mail, Kate, and was really excited for the stickers (that are now ALL over our house!) and opening her very own mail! Some pictures of her birthday:
This is Lizzie licking the bowl (literally) after I finished making her cake. She came to me after awhile of going at it with her spoon and said, "I don't need my spoon anymore,"....and this is apparently why. She did this for a good 10 minutes. But what's a birthday without chocolate matted in your hair anyway?
Rod enjoyed the birthday dinner....Brooke tell your kiddos that this is what happens when you eat too much veggies and fruits- it starts growing out your ears and oozing out your mouth!
We succombed to princess stuff and Lizzie has been strutting around as the Island Princess all day today...
Isn't this birthday banner so cute? I made it after seeing it on a website, except I didn't finish it for Lizzie's birthday yesterday, so we hung it in Caitlin's room today to cheer her up while she gets better (we have a sick house currently- but at least it didn't start till after Lizzie's birthday)
I think Lizzie's favorite present were the helium balloons Rod brought home from work yesterday. She has been toting around with them ever since. They also felt very special when he brought home flowers (even though I know they're for ME, he said they were for all his girls...) I'm often amazed how little girls are so GIRLY!! They see flowers and feel special already!



4 comments:
ok..so i can see that from this birthday i am probably on Lizzie's "hit list". I didn't call, or send a card, because my present is coming with grandma on saturday!! :) ok, i owe her a phone call too!
Lizzie's head in the bowl cracks me up. You are such a good mother - I would have yelled about the cake batter in the hair. Rod is a bit freaky with the brussel sprout ears. I hope Caitlin feels better soon. And not just because I don't want to get sick when I come either!
Brooke here...
I love Lizzies head in the bowl! She knows what it's all about. I'm glad she had a good birthday. I love the banner you made, it that with paper and string? Hope Caitlin feels better, and that no one else get sick. Wow, any day you're going to have another daughter!!!
The banner is fabric, I want to make a fabric "Happy Birthday" one, too, so I can reuse it over again (eco-friendly!!)
Post a Comment