Thursday, January 22, 2009

TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT?

Here's my dilema. A few well meaning 'older' folks have recently commented on how adorable my daughter is. They weren't talking about Audrey however. It's the curls. I realize they are getting a bit long....but oh, they are so wonderful! I want Alex to stay little. I think that's the core of the problem. A haircut means he's moving on. Getting older. Leaving babyhood. Or as I like to call it, turning to the Dark Side. He's just so innocent. There's no sassy talk, no potty talk, there's not a defiant bone in his body! Yet. I have enjoyed him so much, he's always been so pleasant. There's no going back after the cut. The soft baby hair will soon be gone, the curly tendrils (maybe a boy should never have tendrils...) will not come back. Troy thinks it's time. I think I'll have to think it over for at least a few months.... what do you think?

Tendrils anyone?





8 comments:

Tani Ireland said...

I was sad to reach that point with Carson. He had the cutest blond curly hair! When people told me how cute my daughter was, I knew it was time!

Emily said...

alex is the cutest thing is the world, and his hair so adorable!! but..if people are commenting about your cute daughter...well..it may be time. And think of when he's 16 looking at photos of himself when he was young. He may ask you why he had tendrils :)

Kate said...

oh he is soooo cute!!! but he does kinda look like jenna as a child with those curls. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh but can't you just trim it? If my kids ever had curls I wouldn't want to cut them either! Keep the curls! But maybe trim a bit off the sides and back... oh he's so cute!

Tiffanie and Jeff Bodine said...

I used to work with a guy who had hair like that, beautiful blond curls, and he kept his longer than most guys! The girls just LOVED to run their fingers thru his hair, lol! That's the kind of hair all girls want! But, for the sake of your sweetie looking like a boy, yes I suppose if you MUST!

carrie said...

Brooke, I say LEAVE 'em!!! They are SOOO adorable! I'll even send you some really cute hair clips for him...(j/k)

Becky said...

My kids have never had hair anything like yours- it was always thin, wispy and looked terrible long. Marcus had his first hair cut right around his first birthday. Alex is different with his gorgeous locks, so I can see how hard your decision is! My younger brother had hair like that, and it's true, he hates his baby pictures of when his hair was long and curly. Although it is painful, maybe it is time to get Alex's hair cut. He IS looking so grown up, and is soooo cute!

Susan said...

Don't cut! Too cute! I didn't have the heart to cut David's either.