Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drum roll please...


Welcome Abigail Jean Lambourne

Born: Jan. 31st 20099:19pm

Weight: 8 lbs 5 ounces

Length: 21"

Delivered: at home by her Daddy!!...that's right, you can call me Mr. Mid-Wife.


The whole thing went down in about 45 minutes flat. It must be a record time for labor to birth and it was definently a surprise to all of us who were just talking about getting a movie for the night and maybe the baby would be born the next day. Carrie and I went on a walk to get the mail at about 8:30pm. When we got back, the heavy labor just kicked in all of the sudden. Next thing you know, I'm playing doctor and delivering my own daughter...in my own bedroom! The mid-wife arrived about two minutes after Abigail was born and took over with the clean up detail.

Both mom and baby are doing great! I think Grandma Crowley is a little traumatized, but it went down perfect. We were blessed that everything with the birth go so good (no funny business with the cord or anything) and that we were allready prepared for a home birth, because we would have never made it to the hopsital!

Abigail is a beautiful little angel who we can allready tell is going to be determined. When she makes up her mind to do something, she isn't going to wait around for anyone! I think we're going to nick name here "Action Abby."

















Mom And baby G-ma Crowley and baby















More baby Abigail























Caitlin and Lizzie getting to know their new sister

















The Mid-Wife and here Assistant.

I love the way they weighed little Abby, like a fish or something!
Sorry, the pics didn't turn out they way they're were supposed to. First time blogging, first time home birth, first time delivering a baby...a lot of firsts this weekend. At least I got the baby right!

7 comments:

Kate said...

congratulations! i'm so glad everything went well! she looks like caitlin, can't wait to meet her!

Brooke said...

Rod you deserve some sort of medal. I just can't believe all that! she is so cute, I bet the girls just love her. Congrats!

DAD & MOM said...

Yea, I'm just coming out of my trauma now. I must say Rod did an awesome job. I kept thinking "how does he know what he's doing?" I guess those birthing classes paid off. It's all quite a miracle, and we are so happy to have Abigail here. She is very healthy and doing well, and so is Carrie. We are so blessed.

Brittani said...

congrats! I am so excited for you. I imagine Georgia would be pretty traumatized... but how exhilarating! I was meaning to call kate when I heard she was born and no pictures appeared immediately. But I decided to be patient and thanks for the pictures!

Susan said...

Way to go, Rod!!! So cool! An old-fashioned home birth.
My brother- in-law delivered my niece like that! They've always been close. Happy times for all the Fam! Is Grandma Crowley reviving??? Haha! My best to you all!

Emily said...

she's so cute!! good job rod-that's amazing!! I can't wait to meet her in a couple weeks!

Jenny said...

Congrats Carrie and Rod!!!! What an awesome story. I love it! She's so cute- I bet the girls just love her. The name is adorable. You probably know I tried to name my cat Abigail but then it turned out to be a boy so I had to change it to Abner. I've always loved that name though :)