Friday, January 22, 2010

projects & harvests

I painted this! I saw some wall decals I really liked, but thought they were expensive, so I tried my hand at painting one. I like it! I freehanded the tree and all the leaves, and printed off the birds off the internet, then traced them and cut them to make stencils. My stenciling wasn't exactly flawless, though, and I had to go over them with my paintbrush to smooth out the edges. Abby likes looking at it, too!


I did the trunk the whole way down, with the idea that when there's not a crib there, it will still look good behind a toddler bed or regular sized bed.


Winter harvest time! This entire salad- lettuce, peas, and carrots- is from my garden!


These carrots aren't attached, but they were twisted around each other when I pulled them up. We called them "sister carrots". (See that plate of carrots? All from my garden!)



4 comments:

Emily said...

Carrie- I LOVE that tree painted on the wall!! Can you please do the same thing for me when we have walls we can paint?! i'm serious, this could be your business!! It looks SO cute!

Those vegetables are impressive- i wish we had yummy produce coming out of our garden (a garden that we don't have) :)

Kate said...

that wall is so cute! i'm way impressed!

Brooke said...

Carrie, it looks great! You are crazy-talented. You should start a business. Cause you have nothing else to do! HA! Love the produce. This is when you should be so grateful to live in Vegas. What the rest of us would give to have fresh produce right now!

DAD & MOM said...

Carrie, the wall turned out great! I'm glad Abigail has something to finally look at. Impressive harvest. How fun to make a whole salad from your yard! Love the "sister" carrots. See you soon.