Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer's gone - Harvest Time!

Is this not a beautiful hot dog? End of summer bbq.

This is called a Ratatouille Riff. My tomatoes and zuchini.

It is really delicious and pretty.

Ahhh, the grape harvest . . .not too great this

year, but still good.

I only did about 24 quarts this year, compared

to grandma Gubler's 80 quarts! Which is down

from her usual 200.

Here is some of my harvest. I had miracle strawberries

this year. I've gotten a bowl full every other day since June.

They are the plants grandpa gave me, I like to think he

has something to do with it.









3 comments:

Kate said...

all this food looks SOOO good! I'm sure Grandpa is proud. That hot dog looks amazing. Um, you should bring some grape juice to Thanksgiving...

carrie said...

Wow! Mom, I'm so jealous! And impressed!

brooke said...

Hmmm, those pictures make me sad that the summer bounty is over. Everything looks so delicious! I would kill to get strawberries like that. Wait, but first i would kill for a garden :)