It's been awhile since I've posted...having 4 kids is exhausting! Brooke, why didn't you warn me! We had a great time while everyone was out for Haley's baby blessing- I'm assuming you all saw the pics on facebook. Haley is beginning to be ticklish and laugh, and she'll have coo-ing conversations with us now, too. I'm trying to get a video of those things, so hopefully I'll get one one of these days! Here's some more updates:
Caitlin is a "slightly above grade level" reader! She loves being able to read books- a whole new world has opened for her. She's really enjoying 2nd grade. Lizzie is loving kindergarten. She's moaned a few times about having to go, but everyday she comes home SO HAPPY!! It helps that she already knew a third of her kindergarten class from church.
Here's Haley enjoying Caitlin's reading skills:
Here's the girls in the spa at the Cannery hotel, where mom and dad were staying. This picture cracks me up because it was after hours of fun, but just a few minutes after I informed the girls we were going to wrap it up and go soon. Caitlin's expression is pure betrayl!
So I have some vegan friends (though they'll tell you they're not vegan...they eat a 90% whole foods plant based diet. In other words, vegan). Anyway, we went to dinner at one of my 90% vegan friends' houses and I was assigned dessert. She said it didn't have to be vegan, they'd eat whatever, but I didn't want to bring something that would be regarded as a carcinogen. So I found these vegan cupcakes from http://chefchloe.com/sweets/chocolate-strawberry-shortcake-cupcakes.html They are delicious! I got to thinking this is a great recipe to have for when we're all living off our food storage and really, really need a chocolate cake but have no eggs or milk.
Speaking of chocolate, this is called semifreddo (Italian for half-frozen). It's pretty easy to make, and has a frozen chocolate mousse texture. I also made my own Nutella recently from this webpage: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/02/homemade-nutella-recipe-chocolate-hazelnut-spread/ I don't think it's as good as the real deal, but mom and dad said they liked it! It was fun to make, though I don't have a picture of it.
....and I haven't lost any baby weight. Any guesses why?



3 comments:
okay those cupcakes look really good! your girls are super cute, i can't wait to meet haley!
Yes, four kids pretty much means there is a mess in the house in at least half the rooms, there is always, always someone talking loud, fighting, squealing, singing, yelling, playing noisily...pretty much always some sort of noise. Oh, and can't forget crying. I love Abby's face as Caitlin is reading, she's really into it! I'm trying to get Audrey to enjoy reading more, she really doesn't like it right now. I think she struggles with it, and it frustrates her, so doesn't want to try. It's really hard to read with her. She loses patience VERY quickly, which makes it hard. Hopefully we can get over this hurdle and she'll enjoy it soon.
Those cupcakes look delicious! Mom made some while we were there for Alex's bday. I think she used coconut milk. They were good. What is the frosting made of? Thanks for the update Carrie!
Haley loves those books. Cute picture of her and Caitlin. I love Lizzie school skirt! I always wanted a pleated skirt! And yes, those look like the cupcakes I was trying to make for Alex's party. Carrie's looks better. Yummy!
Post a Comment