Sunday, October 23, 2011

My new ride!






Say hello to my Madsen Cargo bike! We've been looking at cargo bikes for awhile, they have a gazillion different kinds. But they are a little expensive. So when we saw this one, used, for sale outside a bike shop in Boulder City we knew we had to pick it up. I love it! We've had it for 5 days and I've already used it to take Lizzie to school, pick up Abby from a playdate , get groceries, go yard saleing, and get Caitlin from the bus stop. Everywhere I go people ask me where I got it, or say how cool it is. And they are so right. It is so cool!





There's a bench on one side (newer models have a bench on both sides with belts) that can come out, and the seat belts are similiar to car seat belts and anchor into the bucket itself. This week's task is jimmy-rigging an infant car seat I got at a yard sale to fit into it so Haley can come along, too! I believe there's even a canopy we can buy to go over the bucket for when it's yucky outside. We're also rigging up the Specialized to be our "courier" bike, a cargo bike on a smaller scale. Just with a few pannier bags and things, so Rod can use it for scouts and things like that.


A title of one of the many biking blogs we've been checking out lately is called "Everyday Adventures". This has sort of become a little mantra for us! Taking this bike around really flips the switch from mundane errand to fun outing!


p.s. Fun cargo bikes links:

My dream cargo bike, called the Shuttlebug, handmade in Portland, OR by Joe Bike: http://www.joe-bike.com/cargo-bikes/the-shuttlebug-handmade-in-portland/ (but waaayyy expensive, so it will stay in my dreams)

Our other favorite is the Yuba Mundo, google it- it's sweet!







3 comments:

brooke said...

I didn't know you had posted before me! Sorry I wouldn't have posted so soon after you. It looks like we posted only a few minutes apart! Crazy. Anyway, seriously.awesome.bike! I love it! What a great way to excersice the same time. You live in the perfect area for a bike like that. Nice weather and flat! I"ll have to check out those links.

DAD & MOM said...

Wow! That looks so fun. I'm sure the girls love it.
Watch out for those crazy Vegas roads! You guys should ride to church sometime. Is this an early birthday present?

Emily said...

That looks so fun!! awesome!! I agree with mom, you should take it to church!