
So...we had this FHE tonight about food storage and emergency preparedness. Usually I just decide that that is something I don't need to worry about, but I feel like I don't have an excuse anymore. Especially considering I live right by a park called Fault Line Gardens... anyway, so they gave us some good pointers and ideas, but I'm just wondering if any of you wise elders of mine have good tips for getting started.
p.s. ARE WE ALL EXCITED FOR THE SEASON PREMIER OF THE OFFICE THIS WEEK???? (Dad and Mom- you can read all about it on the blog on Friday)



4 comments:
An hour long Office too! I'm very excited, I've missed the gang.
When I go to the store I usually buy extra cans of things my family likes. Over time it adds up. The big food storage cans overwhelm me and I really think my family would die before eating it. Seriously. I have a bunch of 2-liter bottles filled with water....that's about the extent of our prepardness...we also have a nice 72 hour kit mom and dad put together for us for Christmas one year, so it's nice to have that on hand.
I'm so excited about the Office premiere!! I've had it on my calendar for a few weeks...Put together a 72-hour kit in a backpack that you put under your bed. After you have one you can strap on your back and go,make an emergency kit for your car. We have one, with the idea being that with 10 minutes notice we could jump in the car and make it to Dad and Mom's house and we have everything we need to get there like diapers, food, extra clothes, water, etc. Because more than likely if a real emergency happened, you probably woulndn't be home, but at work or somewhere, and you might not be able to get home to get your 72-hour kit (can you tell I've thought of every scenario in my head?)
Whoa, Carrie you should be on like some sort of world disaster commitee. You could have a plan for every scenario. I'm impressed! I should think more about it....
It's nice you girls are thinking of this. If nothing else have at least a 1/2 case of bottled water around. Kate you can do that. Ma
Post a Comment