Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lambourne Going-ons

Here's some recent happenings at our house:

A benefit of Rod's accident is that finally, I know how to use tools other than a drill! This is me cutting wood for my garden (I'll post a picture of the finished product in a week or two, when it's finished). Rod coached me through it, and after using the circular saw a few times, I feel pretty confident with it (although our deal is that I never use it unless he's home, just in case I accidently cut off my arm or something)....

I love this cat. Rocky is so cool. He follows me around and watches me all day, a lot like a dog, actually. He even comes when he's called!


Cali is an okay cat. She's Rod's favorite, so I guess I'll let her stay. She's a little needy for my taste. But she also means a lot to Rocky, so I tolerate her. They groom each other all the time, and sometimes even cuddle:



So Rod goes to Scouts on Wednesday nights and me and the girls party at home. The girls found my gym bag and were fascinated by my cap and goggles. I can't tell you how many times we put these are Caitlin, then Lizzie, then me, then Caitlin, then, Lizzie, then me, then Caitlin....



I do have a really cute picture of the girls in their "cat" pj's I made for them, but this one with Lizzie's expression is so much better!

Caitlin and Lizzie are becoming great playmates! Caitlin has been acknowledging that she "loves Lizzie" and that they're sisters. She even occasionally plays up the role of big sister, complete with arm-around-the-shoulder hugs. I think Lizzie really likes it! I just noticed, that blue cup looks huge in this picture!
I'm getting so excited for our trip! I can't wait for it to get a little closer and I can make babysitting arrangements and really feel like it's going to happen! Whoo-oo!!!

4 comments:

DAD & MOM said...

Carrie, I'm impressed with your carpenter skills - way to go! The cats are awfully cute, but the girl's still have priority. The goggles crack me up. It's so fun to see these pictures you guys put on. I don't think Dad and my pics would be so much fun. I'm looking forward to our trip also. Brooke is just going to have to give up Alex for a few days, so we can bond with him.

Brooke said...

The girls are so cute with the goggles. Do you still swim sometimes? I've been doing aerobics for about a month now, it's fun.

Mizukawa's said...

you look safe enough with that saw, But think that you should wear gloves or something. I do have to laugh at the pic of the girls i ASKED jAKE who they were and he said pretty so they can still get married, kidding.

Emily said...

so cute carrie!! i miss the girls!!