Monday, February 4, 2008

Pres. Hinckley's Funeral

Did anyone get a chance to view the funeral? Dad and I went to the church to watch it. It was soooo great. His daughter gave such a wonderful tribute. The other talks were super too, but the music was really the best.
Songs that Pres. Hinckley has written the words to. Of course I cried the whole time. Not really sad tears, I think they were grateful tears that we all had a chance to know this great man and prophet.

2 comments:

carrie said...

We went to the church and watched it. Caitlin and Lizzie weren't very good though, and I had to take Caitlin out to wait the last 15 minutes out in the car. But I did get some of it, it looked really nice. I'm just so glad he's with his wife now!

Kate said...

I watched it as well. It was very touching. I thought all the talks were really good. I also like the music Mom. I never noticed before how the last verse of "My Redeemer Lives" asks for the faith to walk the lonely road to eternity, and I couldn't help but think how President Hinckley has had to do that for the last few years.

Anyway...there were lots of helicopters flying around all day on Saturday, but it was a beautiful sunny day!